1/18 Hawker Sea Fury - probably VX620..

You are a modeling (manufacturing) machine Peter!  Great subject.

If it is of any assistance, we have Hawker Sea Fury here in a Calgary military museum that I could take reference pics of.  It used to sit outside for years which made me cry, but it has since been cleaned up and brought inside for at least 10 years.  While it's roped off and I can't climb all over it and take pics of the cockpit, I can certainly take pics of just about anything on the outside.  According to what little I can glean from the 'net, its FB11, WG565 if that makes any sense to you.  Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Thank you folks - very kind :)

I went to make a basic cockpit tub from 3D and once printed I needed to make some adjustments...

while I was at it, I got a bit carried away..

7gfvCq.jpg

d5LoT3.jpg

NuNAWB.jpg

T7yMWi.jpg

R2n1aD.jpg

m0jf1i.jpg

arC3Bq.jpg

tYZ4nX.jpg

still lots to do, but a great canvas, even if it is cheating a bit :)

TTFN

Peter

I agree with Max. 

I don't see it as cheating at all. 

This is a supplemental skill. Afterall, you designed this entirely. You chose the settings that allowed you to print your design. 

It's your photo etch that adorns your printed cockpit tub and probably none of us consider photo etch cheating. 

Like Max, if I enjoyed half your talent I'd be designing and printing whole aircraft in 3D.

I sincerely hope you find a way to overcome your reticence and embrace this new technology then go on to create ever more detailed and wonderful models. 

Very keen to see how it looks when painted. :wub:

1 hour ago, airscale said:

still lots to do, but a great canvas, even if it is cheating creating a bit :)

Peter, I corrected it for you! :)

I can see that you have really got the bit between your teeth on this one and you have undoubtedly nailed the 3D printing stuff - awesome work! :thumbsup:

Derek

It might be obvious to say this, but I think you're really getting the hang of this 3D printing stuff. Just saying. Outstanding work Peter, a stunner in the making already!

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA