1:32 F-84F-Thunderstreak by JetMADS - Reservations open

RicardoD

Although I'm likely not the world's biggest Thunderstreak fan, this would have to be a must have for me.........

The Thunderstreak was the very first real airplane I ever set eyes on as a lad. 

Still there to this day, although in a bit of a sad state...............

20180731_094406-XL.jpg

20180731_094331-XL.jpg

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

My enthusiasm is tempered only by the price and long wait for the goods, which is why I skipped on the Draken — and now another favourite Cold War jet. Aaagh! 

I'll enjoy seeing these built — by others.

Tony

Having bought some of their kits which are superb btw I have to say that at my age long waits are out of the question now!

We are talking many many months and if you don't mind that then I do recommend their products.

However I have no shortage of projects in the stash that I can do whenever I want and I'm happy with that now!

ten years ago, Harold, Bruce, Glen, Luuk, Ole and myself started compiling materials for a Streak in 32. That was supposed to be used by Kittyhawk but led us nowhere. It is good to see, Jetmads is picking this up. With the Thunderflash, the Streak is arguably one of the most important post-war jets (with the Thunderjet and Shooting Star) in Europe and the US.

Looking forward seeing this one!

1 hour ago, Mr.T said:

ten years ago, Harold, Bruce, Glen, Luuk, Ole and myself started compiling materials for a Streak in 32. That was supposed to be used by Kittyhawk but led us nowhere. It is good to see, Jetmads is picking this up. With the Thunderflash, the Streak is arguably one of the most important post-war jets (with the Thunderjet and Shooting Star) in Europe and the US.

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2014/04/guess-who-is-about-to-launch-new-f-84f.html

LONGGGG ago.

58 minutes ago, Mr.T said:

I'm still hoping your Thunderstreak dossier may find its way into Zimi's hands. 

It is as significant as its contemporary the Hunter, which was nicely done by Revell. The F-84F is waaay overdue in 1:32. 

Sadly, while I acknowledge that 3D-printed & resin kits are not just the future but also the 'now' in 1:32, my current overriding maxim is "If it can't be done right away using polystyrene cement and Humbrol paints it's a pass". 

Tony  

1:32 F-84F Thunderstreak... Reservations are now open and preorders will start on 17th March 2024.

Kit comes with decal options for US & NATO aircraft and includes:

- Mk.7 Nuclear Bomb with Trailer
- 2 x 450 gal External Fuel Tanks (thin and finned type)
- 2 x 450 gal External Fuel Tanks (fat type with no fins)
- 2 x 230 gal External Fuel Tanks
- 4 x HVAR 

The listing price of the kit is 295 USD and it will be offered with 20% discount at 236 USD during the preorders period, plus 56 USD International Registered Mail. Deliveries are planned to start by the end of August 2024.

Reservations are now open and can be placed via contact@jetmads.com

1_4.jpg

1_2.jpg