Looks like Eduard is reassessing 1/32

RBrown

21 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Hi Simon

You have made it clear on other threads that you do not like the Kotare kit. There is no doubting your deep knowledge of Spitfire lore but this thread is about Eduard's likely return to 1/32 - please can we stay on that topic?

On the topic in hand: I think Eduard revisiting 1/32 scale would be welcomed by many but with one small note of caution: they have made mistakes they have had to correct in the past. I am sure Mr Sulc winces each time he recalls the under-scale Bf109 Eduard put out from some years back.  But plaudits to them that they have corrected any major errors each time they made one (including the infamous 109).  Having built several of their 1/48 scale kits I know they are well engineered and, in the main, accurate in outline and detail. 

Let’s see what happens with them. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Hi Paul

Well said, I totally agree with you, and all credit to Eduard for being straight up enough to own their mistakes, and correct them! If only all other manufacturers were of the same caliber!

1 hour ago, Johnny Cloud said:

At this point I think I have to let everyone know that you confessed in a PM that you had an axe to grind with Kotare.

The folks here have a right to know about this conflict of interest when reading your posts.

The fact that you hijacked a thread about Eduard to dis on Kotare isn't helpful.

No kit is perfect, the tiny errors you mentioned in a previous thread about the Kotare kit are negligible by any modeling standard and can be corrected should one desire to do so.

I think the Kotare Spitfire is a terrific kit, accurate, well engineered and you are trying very hard to find tiny faults out of spite.

That is a matter of opinion, and only one of the errors in the cockpit layout have been aired on this forum, If you knew more about Spitfires, you would know you are wrong in your expressed views, none the less you are entitled to them, just as everyone is entitled to a view! However eroors of fact are just that, errors of fact.

Edited by 19squadron

9 minutes ago, 19squadron said:

That is a matter of opinion, and only one of the errors in the cockpit layout have been aired on this forum, If you knew more about Spitfires, you would know you are wrong in your expressed views, none the less you are entitled to them, just as everyone is entitled to a view! However eroors of fact are just that, errors of fact.

At least now everyone knows you weren't fully honest when expressing your... opinions.

Back on track; I welcome Eduard's possible return to 1/32 scale.

I just hope they'll make an effort when it comes to engineering, some of it can be fiddly on their 1/48 kits.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Cloud said:

At least now everyone knows you weren't fully honest when expressing your... opinions.

Back on track; I welcome Eduard's possible return to 1/32 scale.

I just hope they'll make an effort when it comes to engineering, some of it can be fiddly on their 1/48 kits.

My opinions are my opinions, and have been fully justified with photographic justification for what I wrote on all the points I raised, your comment above is totally unacceptable and you should withdraw it!

I hate contributing to the hijacking of this thread but I will not withdraw anything because I tell the truth.

Should I post here the PM you sent me where you detail your personal dispute with Richard Alexander, accusing him of all sorts of things and confessing it was personal for you?

You certainly failed do disclose this conflict of interest when you started to bash their Spitfire kit here, that makes you less than "fully honest".

A couple of things . First I think we all are getting way ahead of the game here regarding Eduard getting back into the 1/32 game . Admittedly there are subjects that they could go after that would give them a corner . As far as the Kotare spits are concerned [ this isn't the place] I'd be very happy to read a SEPARATE thread on the issues . I've built Eduard's Mk VIII spit and thought it very good. IF Eduard dos decide to go "big' I hope they don't try and re pop their -109E. If they want to go with the P-51B/C they'll have a lock, same with the MiG-21. On the main I think we need to "cool down" and dispense with "personal attacks" as it were. We collectively are better than that[I see that on "other" forums].

OK guys, time to right this ship and get it back on topic. We've been aware of Simon's conflict of interest with regard to Kotare and Richard Alexander for some time now, and normally we would treat this as their personal business to sort out between them. But it has spilled over into many threads here in the forums, and caused a certain amount of aggravation. Given that we've recently discovered that Simon had in fact been removed from the forums once before, I've taken the rather drastic decision to ban him. We don't normally discuss these decisions openly in the forums, but I think an additional level of transparency is required in this case.

OK, back to Eduard's fantasy 1/32 release schedule!

Kev

If Eduard re tooled their original 109E then Id applaud them. Nothing like fixing mistakes and showing how far you’ve come. I’d support P-51, Spit 190 or 109. But they’ve all been done well except p51b. 

I’ve only heard good things about Kotare Spit. But haven’t built it yet so will decide then. Honestly if there was something out in the cockpit it wouldn’t deter me in the slightest although it’s fine to point it out for those that care. If there are unfixable errors with the outlying shapes etc like a certain company that rhymes with slobby dross comes out with then fair game. But many people who pick up a starter kit don’t even worry about that so, I dunno, whatever. Paint mules are people too. 

Edited by Pup7309

6 hours ago, 19squadron said:

Sir - I agree with others about this thread not being the place to slag someone else’s kit.   That being said, I’m genuinely curious about what you feel Kotare missed.  I hope you will start a dedicated post to detail your concerns.   

Edit - reading the rest of the posts, I see that the guy has been banned.   I’d still be interested (in another thread) to understand what the issues were.   

Edited by John1

5 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

OK guys, time to right this ship and get it back on topic. We've been aware of Simon's conflict of interest with regard to Kotare and Richard Alexander for some time now, and normally we would treat this as their personal business to sort out between them. But it has spilled over into many threads here in the forums, and caused a certain amount of aggravation. Given that we've recently discovered that Simon had in fact been removed from the forums once before, I've taken the rather drastic decision to ban him. We don't normally discuss these decisions openly in the forums, but I think an additional level of transparency is required in this case.

OK, back to Eduard's fantasy 1/32 release schedule!

Thanks K1.

All of the mods have your back on this, and I fully believe in this case, as per our discussions, it was 100% warranted.

7 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Hi Simon

You have made it clear on other threads that you do not like the Kotare kit. There is no doubting your deep knowledge of Spitfire lore but this thread is about Eduard's likely return to 1/32 - please can we stay on that topic?

On the topic in hand: I think Eduard revisiting 1/32 scale would be welcomed by many but with one small note of caution: they have made mistakes they have had to correct in the past. I am sure Mr Sulc winces each time he recalls the under-scale Bf109 Eduard put out from some years back.  But plaudits to them that they have corrected any major errors each time they made one (including the infamous 109).  Having built several of their 1/48 scale kits I know they are well engineered and, in the main, accurate in outline and detail. 

Let’s see what happens with them. 

Kind regards,

Paul

Actually Paul their first attempt at the later Bf109s was way OVER scale so they had to re-tool virtually everything except there still is an issue apparently with the exhausts being too wide. I have built 3 of these later 109s and they look ok to me. Maybe Eduard needed a hiccup like the 109 to make sure of their research as all of their later kits are excellent and state of the art.

TRF