ICM 2024 Releases

Dennis7423

On 1/5/2024 at 9:53 AM, Iain said:

I didn't say I wasn't comfortable with Imperial measurements - just that I prefer working using the metric system - but that's what I grew up with.

The physical distances between two points are the same - whether counted in mm, or furlongs!  ;)

Iain

Iain,

Whilst equally 'bilingual' in measurement, weights and measures & temperatures [in my case, rather than building things I was 'legally' employed on occasions by the military to destroy/blow them up], I still prefer pre-February 1971 'old money' solutions [that saying might be lost on our colonial cousins]. Ergo I prefer imperial to metric, pounds to kilo's and definitely Fahrenheit to Celsius.

The use of 1:35 scale is to me a long overdue boon considering my armour and softskin collection far outweighs my LSP collection. Whether I will be around long enough to see how this develops in the dim and distant future, given that none of us are getting any younger, is mute but it will still be fun to watch.  

Warm Greetings and Good Modelling from the Kingdom of the Rheged.

Gary.

Gary.

On 1/2/2024 at 9:12 PM, Dpgsbody55 said:

I love ICM kits, but I do wonder how much longer they will be around, given the deteriorating situation there.

Cheers,

Michael

Situation is far from deteriorating.  As long as the EU remains focused on their own clear strategic interests, they will keep supporting Ukraine and Ukraine will eventually win.  I agree that it's amazing that they have continued to produce such an amazing volume of scale kits and parts, but don't lose sight of the fact that they've also massively increased weapons production over the last two years (takes longer to crank that up than new styrene kits), including indigenous cruise and ballistic missiles.  2024 will see Ukrainian Vipers (finally) asserting air superiority over the East, and hopefully the russian position in Crimea becoming untenable due to the increasing frequency of precision long-range strikes.

On 1/5/2024 at 12:37 AM, Shoggz said:

Yeah, having been in the timber/builders merchanting industry all my working life, I am completely bilingual when it comes to measurements!

You have to be able to flip between 4.2m and 14 foot or 1 inch to 25mm in the blink of an eye!

Funny - I have the same sort of bilingualism for a different reason.  I grew up in the US in the 60s/70s when nothing metric was taught in schools, so learned to do everything Imperial.  Became a scientist and got very comfortable doing everything research-related of course in metric.  I use metric measurements when modeling (the math is so much easier).  But I still can't do construction in metric.  All my tape measures, table saw, etc are marked in Imperial, and that's the only way I can do carpentry.  Dunno why - I guess I learned it that way and am too old to change....

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Situation is far from deteriorating.  As long as the EU remains focused on their own clear strategic interests, they will keep supporting Ukraine and Ukraine will eventually win.  I agree that it's amazing that they have continued to produce such an amazing volume of scale kits and parts, but don't lose sight of the fact that they've also massively increased weapons production over the last two years (takes longer to crank that up than new styrene kits), including indigenous cruise and ballistic missiles.  2024 will see Ukrainian Vipers (finally) asserting air superiority over the East, and hopefully the russian position in Crimea becoming untenable due to the increasing frequency of precision long-range strikes.

There is always hope. Seems though Europe is doing its best to follow through, and the US President despite being undermined 

21 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

They seem to be happy in the '20s & '30s. I'm ok with that.

Indeed, this domain seems to be their main focus. Most of these nice airplanes are not sufficiently represented in IM technology. For instance Ki-10, Boeing P-12 or Hawker Fury could be taken into consideration.

On 1/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, LSP_Mike said:

They seem to be happy in the '20s & '30s. I'm ok with that.

Rigging dominates 1920s-30s subjects and it isn't my thing in 1:32, which is why I don't have a single WnW WW1 kit, much that I love some of the biplanes, and the 1930s Hart, Demon etc fighters even more. 1:32 is too small a scale for me to successfully accomplish that irksome rigging task, though I'm gradually building up the courage to attempt a Sea Gladiator (and, if successful, to follow it up with a Trumpeter Swordfish).  

Yet there are some subjects, such as the Schneider Trophy Racers, where a few wires would not handicap the build, and some interesting monoplane trainers too like the Proctor and Oxford which fit ICM's 1930s-1940s criteria. 

I have their I-16 Rata and Yak-9 (and three Cold War era 1:48 Foxbats) and really like their products: Tamiya quality tooling moulded in Trumpeter type plastic. ICM really are an important player. 

Tony

2 hours ago, Tony T said:

Rigging dominates 1920s-30s subjects and it isn't my thing in 1:32, which is why I don't have a single WnW WW1 kit, much that I love some of the biplanes, and the 1930s Hart, Demon etc fighters even more. 1:32 is too small a scale for me to successfully accomplish that irksome rigging task, though I'm gradually building up the courage to attempt a Sea Gladiator (and, if successful, to follow it up with a Trumpeter Swordfish).  

Yet there are some subjects, such as the Schneider Trophy Racers, where a few wires would not handicap the build, and some interesting monoplane trainers too like the Proctor and Oxford which fit ICM's 1930s-1940s criteria. 

I have their I-16 Rata and Yak-9 (and three Cold War era 1:48 Foxbats) and really like their products: Tamiya quality tooling moulded in Trumpeter type plastic. ICM really are an important player. 

Tony

Roger that, hear ya loud and clear on the rigging, I'm in the same boat. I've rigged several 1/1 scale biplanes and it's a PITA, don't want to deal with it on a model . Too bad really 'cuz I like biplanes ,oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 4:43 AM, Dpgsbody55 said:

A Heinkel He-51 would certainly fit in with ICM's line up.  As well as a fighter variant, it also came in ground attack and sea plane variants too.

Cheers,

Michael

........and of course Silver Wings did one several years ago.....the ICM track record of following SW is there already!