1/32 JetMADS Draken reservations are open

Zola25

35 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Preorders now open.  Just placed mine.  Just like when I ordered the Viggen, transaction got declined on the first try because the CC company thought it was suspicious, so be prepared for that possibility.  Got through on the second try.

Yep same thing happened to me. Second try went through.  Order #13006.  Hopefully one of the first to ship:frantic: ( in about 6 months):rolleyes:

Edited by 32scalelover

2 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Preorders now open.  Just placed mine.  Just like when I ordered the Viggen, transaction got declined on the first try because the CC company thought it was suspicious, so be prepared for that possibility.  Got through on the second try.

Managed to get my VISA card closed trying to pay - MasterCard did the trick. - Got number 12972

My bank has now put them on the "approved list" so I can buy future kits without problems - I hope.

I notice in their email from yesterday that there is already a lengthy wait list - popular kit. Even though they have "promised" me on more than one occasion that they would include the RF Nose for Danish Drakens I have a feeling that this acceleration of the production date is going to kill that prospect. I noticed that they mentioned in the release notes that "versions with little or no external differences will be included". Only the very early Danish Drakens had the pointy nose. Not really complaning as we are finally going to get a Draken. Maybe this is a good time to start learning how to design and print my own parts :) I am an Engineer after all - how hard can it be :innocent:

Dirty Danes - Royal Danish Air Force dark green Cold warriors - Page 2 -  Paulus Victor Decals - Britmodeller.com

Thanks to PaulusVictor for making the overview above as part of an elaborate decal set. If you ever want to build an RDAF aircraft in 1/48 then check them out 

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

18 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

Yep same thing happened to me. Second try went through.  Order #13006.  Hopefully one of the first to ship:frantic: ( in about 6 months):rolleyes:

You having to have a second pop at it meant I just got in ahead of you - I'm #13005

#12948 here :coolio:

I had to try two times to have the payment go through. Then asked Jetmads for confirmation, they replied the card issuers apply security filters to make sure the transactions are genuine and they also say this is normal when they start any preorders which cause a spike in the number of payments on their site, making the banks alerted and check the site activity.   

Edited by mattcour

Same CC problems for me too when ordering with an initial rejection of the transaction as 'Suspicious Activity'. I have however made a quick call to the CC helpline (UK) and the transaction is now reversed and authorised.

2 x ordered (13011). 

BTW, I had an email from Jetmads asking me previously that if I don't want the (reserved) kits anymore, to please let them know asap as they have a 'waiting list' (already!) for cancellations. As such and if procrastinating, I would get them sooner rather than later if demand is high and exceeds supply. Given the subject, I'm not surprised at all by this.

Gary

13184 Here!  :yahoo:

Paid with Mastercard, went witout a hitch, and yes, postage added!

I´m really suprised to see the intrest in both the JA/AJ-37 Viggen and the J-35 Draken.

Makes me proud to be from Sweden and I live in the city where they are made!  :D

Stefan  :beer:

7 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

BTW, I had an email from Jetmads asking me previously that if I don't want the (reserved) kits anymore, to please let them know asap as they have a 'waiting list' (already!) for cancellations. As such and if procrastinating, I would get them sooner rather than later if demand is high and exceeds supply. Given the subject, I'm not surprised at all by this.

Gary

This suggests that, just like with the Viggen, they may consider doing a second run of 500. I really wanted one, but just couldn't justify the nearly 500 AUD price.

Kev

I'm in with number 12960. I must admit, just like the Viggen, i'm looking forward to this kit, something different. 

I do wonder whether there will be the same level of printing lines on 3d parts as the Viggen given that the specification / resolution of printers has moved on in the 2.5 years since the Viggen was announced?