What should be the relevant release in 1/32 scale, after Italeri's Macchi 202?

FCM

15 hours ago, quang said:

Relevant?:coolio:

Relevant to manufacturer patterns? 

The biggest disappointments of the past decade were the non-appearance of the HKM Spey Toom and TanModel Sea Flanker. And I waited so very, very, long for the Trumpeter Intruder that the wait utterly wore me out. It's still untouched in its box.

I now prefer surprises on the cusp of release.

An Italeri Tornado with 1980s Marineflieger decals and a pair of Kormoran missiles would be great.

Tamiya reissuing the Mosquito with rubber tyres and optional night-fighter noses fantastic.

Trumpeter scaling-up its Convair Six an utterly delightful concept.

Red Pills Models completing its F-4B Phantom II new tool without relying on any Revell parts, super-duper.

At the mo I eagerly await ResKit sorting out the SLUF nose and canopy. It's a lovely kit overall, and ResKit have already addressed the pylons and a**-end.

Also hoping for a ResKit F-111. Probably 3D-printed, but I'm game.

And Italeri should reverse-market the Tamiya F-16C and engineer some new sprues to do the things Tamiya can't be bothered to do: F-16ADF, F-16CG etc etc. 

Th-th-that's all folks

Tony 

Well I'd go for any or all of these. Grumman Panther, Cougar and Tiger, Skyray and Banshee. All are relatively small and have folding wings which are ideal to help fit them in to the overcrowded cabinet. F101, F102 & F106 would be nice but they are BIG aeroplanes. Just my two bobs.

TRF 

P-51D. It would sell. Add a couple decal options for mostly stock racing planes and…well, I would buy them. I don’t know how many others would. 

If they make an all-new tool anything, I would bet on a 1/12 scale car. I have their new Bugatti. They have a new Lancia Delta. A Lancia Stratos is on the way. But I’m not clairvoyant or Claire Huxtable, so I’m not going to make any predictions. 

1 hour ago, fastterry said:

Well I'd go for any or all of these. Grumman Panther, Cougar and Tiger, Skyray and Banshee. All are relatively small and have folding wings which are ideal to help fit them in to the overcrowded cabinet. F101, F102 & F106 would be nice but they are BIG aeroplanes. Just my two bobs.

TRF 

I agree, 50sand 60s U.S. naval types have been under represented in the general scheme of things I'd go for ANY or ALL of these in a heart beat , At least the navy planes you can fold the wings to save space , the Air Force types will eat up a lot of shelf space but I'd go for them too.

Before anybody starts the "Fisher did some of those ' he's not in business anymore . No mainstream company has gone near any of these. Which proves to me beyond any doubt the Paul Fisher was / is a visionary of the highest order . Come on people the lane is wide open and you can throw in an AD-5 while you're at it!

7 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tamiya reissuing the Mosquito with rubber tyres and optional night-fighter noses fantastic.

Or even relevant parts for bomber and/or PR variants. 

:piliot:

Edited by MikeC

12 hours ago, Tony T said:

Relevant to manufacturer patterns? 

Tony 

I think that would be a great idea!  I don't even care about the tyres, I'd just like to see a night fighter.

Is the premis here what should the next Italeri 1/32 be?  If so I have not a clue, one thing I really like about Italeri though is they are doing things no one else is in plastic.  So we have seen a number of 1/32 Jets, this new Folgore, 1/35 Pt boats and 1/12 Italian cars.  I really enjoy their diversity.  I purchased the Bugatti which I intend to start building this fall.  

I suppose the question is what are the interesting subjects Italeri might choose that have a strong Italian connection.  I don:t know the answer but I always enjoy their release list. 

There are gaps in Italian and VVS second world war ranges that could be filled with new kits.

And as ever early WW2 subjects are pretty neglected, I'm thinking of the "Phoney War" and Blitzkreif times, such as the Fairey Battles, Fokker DXXI's type of aircraft

Cheers

Dennis