Barracuda Needs Your Help

John1

Just saw a post over on FB from Roy Sutherland, the owner of Barracuda.  His business is hurting and he's had to let go of his two long-term employees.    If anyone has any interest in his products (and I can tell you that they are amazingly well done and very reasonably priced), please head over to his website and see if you can make some purchases.    Roy's one of the good guys in this hobby, sad to see his business struggling.   He's also running a pretty good summer sale right now. 

Barracuda Studios (barracudacals.com)

Placed an order last month when they showed the new 3D printed Control Columns. Got 2 in 1/24 for the Airfix IX and 2 in 1/32 for the Kotare Spitfires in the stash and a couple sets of the Cockpit stencil decals for the Corsairs. Order seemingly went missing in transit. New parcel sent out with no quibbles by Roy. Excellent service. 

He's outstanding. Unfortunately, his products haven't changed a great deal over the past few years, while outfits like Reskit are releasing new stuff every ten minutes. We should circle the wagons and help one of the better companies out there. I am placing an order for some bits and bobs I have overlooked before.

1 hour ago, petrov27 said:

Yeah I have a ton of his stuff already but taking a look to see if there is some I missed. His P-51D and Spitfire cockpit details are fantastic - would love it if he was able to do some additional cockpit improvement sets for other WW2 a/c.

Aside from his resin stuff, his cockpit decal sets are amazing.   I've used the ones for the Corsair, Mustang and Mosquito.    They add a level of detail that you just can't replicate yourself.   Worth every penny.    

Yes, I've just used the cockpit stencils on a Corsair and while they were a bit tedious to apply, definitely worth it. I was going to order additional sets from SB but they were showing out of stock. Seems like a good time to order direct.

The Spitfire control sticks are a 3D printing product example in the correct direction.  I want him to make parts for newer products including jets. We all are over and mostly done with improvements to Hasegawa Bf-109s, Tamiya products for example. How about:
- simulated rotating lift fan and tail plane elements for the new Trumpeter jump jet (take off pose detail set).

- Detailed  radio and other cockpit equipment for the VAL, Devastator, Vampire

- flexible Mg 131 (simple Ju-88 mod)