Revell 1/32 Gloster Meteor F.3

KiwiZac

8 hours ago, KiwiZac said:

Paging @Radub, Radu to the Ocean-Grey-and-Dark-Green-over-Sky courtesy phone!

This is a Revell project and I hope you understand that they would like to be the ones who look after media releases. ;)
Revell will issue all necessary information in due course. 
Radu

12 hours ago, Radub said:

This is a Revell project and I hope you understand that they would like to be the ones who look after media releases. ;)
Revell will issue all necessary information in due course. 
Radu

And they should give the photographer who shot the Hurricane some cues and give him another chance. God forbid the release-shots make it look like an F.8!

16 minutes ago, Grunticus said:

And they should give the photographer who shot the Hurricane some cues and give him another chance. God forbid the release-shots make it look like an F.8!

I think that photo of the F.4 on the Hannants website is just a placeholder image that Hannants themselves popped in, and nothing to do with Revell. As far as I know, Revell has made no formal announcement whatsoever concerning a 1/32 Meteor of any variant.

Kev

16 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I think we should put this to bed for now.  We might find out which version it actually is in ten month's time.

Cheers,

Michael

Yes, it's really difficult deciding between whether it's an F.3 or F.4. 

Like that's the difference between an F.3H Demon and F.4H Phantom II. Not.

I'm getting a headache — again.

Tony 

To be honest, it will be what it will be.  Not much sense in going round and round in a guessing game right now based on very limited information.  If it’s interesting to me, and the price is right, I’ll buy it.  If not, I won’t.  Meanwhile I’m not going to do anything different in my modeling life.

On 12/26/2022 at 10:05 PM, Dave Williams said:

To be honest, it will be what it will be.  Not much sense in going round and round in a guessing game right now based on very limited information.  If it’s interesting to me, and the price is right, I’ll buy it.  If not, I won’t.  Meanwhile I’m not going to do anything different in my modeling life.

Yeah, the F.3 vs F.4 debate just has so many nuances.

I'm saving up for a brace of Red Pills Models F-4B Phantoms. If they don't happen then next year's drinks cabinet is going to be well stocked with whiskey and fine cigars. Win-or-win.

Tony 

The list with the new Revell releases for 2023 is up on the IPMS-Germany site. The new Meteor is indeed a F.3. It has 400 parts, photoetch and is a strictly limited 'first edition' that comes in a special box: https://ipmsdeutschland.de/wordpress/2022/12/31/revell-neuheiten-2023-model-kits-2/

Hans 

Year of 1/24th scale on the road: the easy-click-bausatz Aston Martin DB.5 could be a hoot with mojo-amplifying potential, and the quite complicated 600 part Büssing 8000 S13 mit trailer piques my interest. Remember seeing them in the 1960s as my "uncle" shot past them in a blurr on the autobahn to Stuttgart.  

I'm none the wiser about the Meteor III except that the price seems to reflect an acre of etch. Two HKM Meteor 4s is enough of the spade-tailed variety for me. I would have probably gone the €159 for an F.8. But no doubt the World War Two strictly-goggles brigade will go nuts over it.

Tony