ICM considering OV-10A in 1/32, vote on their FB page

Jan_G

not sure if it will help but there are many comments already for 1/32 version

with KH version slowly gone, this could be another great ICM model

https://www.facebook.com/ICM.Models?_rdr=p

quote:

Dear friends! We have a question for you! What OV-10A Bronco should we produce?
1/32 or 1/72 scale? 
Please vote in comment

3 minutes ago, Jack said:

Well with all due respect: NOT a OV-10A Bronco, but a OV-1 Grumman MOHAWK.............in 1/32nd scale..........

it would surely be better than my scratchbuilt one...............................................

1/32 would be nice, with some cargo bay details.  Then I'll have to make an OV-10BZ out of it, which would be easier because someone actually makes decals for the OV-10B in 1/32 scale.

The 1/72 would be nice, but only if they fix the props and re-engineer the landing gear.

13 hours ago, Jack said:

Well with all due respect: NOT a OV-10A Bronco, but a OV-1 Grumman MOHAWK.............in 1/32nd scale..........

I fully agree but ICM did not release a 1/48 Mohawk. This was done by Roden. After the O-1 and O-2, I hoped they would upscale the OV-1 and PC-6 but it does not look this will be obvious...

you can still pick up Kittyhawk's 1/32 Bronco occasionally and I thought someone was buying the moulds ?? Having built the A model I thought it was a nice kit (as I've found with all of Kittyhawks 1/32 kits that I've built). Why release another one, surely there's more sales room for something new ?? A mowhawk (or anything previously not released in 1/32) I'd buy but I don't need 2 Bronco's.  Maybe they have picked up Kittyhawks moulds ??

3 minutes ago, npb748r said:

you can still pick up Kittyhawk's 1/32 Bronco occasionally and I thought someone was buying the moulds ?? Having built the A model I thought it was a nice kit (as I've found with all of Kittyhawks 1/32 kits that I've built). Why release another one, surely there's more sales room for something new ?? A mowhawk (or anything previously not released in 1/32) I'd buy but I don't need 2 Bronco's.  Maybe they have picked up Kittyhawks moulds ??

Supposedly Trumpeter bought the KH molds.  If ICM had bought the mold, they would simply reissue the kit, and not ask people if they wanted to see the kit in 1/32 or 1/72.  They are looking to either upscale or downscale their 1/48 kit, which is their own mold.

1/32 ICM Bronco cantilever legs would almost certainly require replacement with brass. But it would very likely be a great build. 

Quite fancy a USAFE one in COIN Gray. 

Then an accurate A-10A in 1/32.

Tony