1/32 Short Stirling

tomprobert

13 hours ago, Tony C said:

Not a wine drinker, more a ale drinker myself!

As usual, what needs saying, has already been said but I’ll go with ‘bloody fantastic’!

As usual though, I do have a question which is from memory, the kit instructions don’t give an awful lot of information regarding the internal build, engine and landing gear mods, leaving that to the modeller to discover this information themselves, what information have you got and if drawings, are this readily available?

Cheers

Thanks, chaps - and a glass or two of vino does help with the creative side of things when it comes to builds like this. I'm not adverse to an ale or two, too - and after a particularly challenging session at the bench a whiskey always goes down well :blink:

Tony: I don't have any instructions at all with this, so it's always a case of consulting photos and plans. I have the Warpaint book which has some useful plans, and also the Wing Leader book on the Stirling has been invaluable. I've also been using the old Airfix kit and scaling up measurements, which although quite dated, is fairly good dimension-wise and has provided lots of the vital measurements for this much larger example.

• 1 month later...

Love it Tom!

One of my earliest modelling memories is building the 1/72 Airfix Stirling at about age 12, and I still have a great deal of affection for this underrated aircraft.

I can't wait to see what this turns out like, given your previous exemplary efforts. :)

22 hours ago, tomprobert said:

I’ve made 238 pieces of individual strip so far - and counting!

W8t0S0k.gif