Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

On 10/31/2022 at 9:12 PM, Archimedes said:

Q: Is a BoB Bf-109E also one of possible future releases, or is it complete no way when there are multiple Emil already out there (Eduard, Trumpeter, HGW...)?

RIchard Alexander: Wouldn't rule anything out for the future at this stage. The Spitfire does need something to shoot down.

For me the perfect candidate to shoot down would be a Ju-87 B. We deserve an accurate, decent Ju 87B

4 hours ago, Jaro said:

For me the perfect candidate to shoot down would be a Ju-87 B. We deserve an accurate, decent Ju 87B

It would be impressive to see what these guys could do with a Stuka, for sure! The real canopies are so fiddly in real life, that no one has come even close to getting them right. Trust me - there is a Hase one sitting on my SoD that I spent so much time on the canopies alone that it burned me out - and there it sits.

Edited by BiggTim

26 pages on.....and still no one had sight of this thing ...or even a test shot ... :rofl: Wasn't it due out Nov 2022 ?

$5 says it gets released by Border in some murky "Chinese people stole my mold coz I didn't pay for it" sorta way . 

Edited by Panzerwomble

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I chased down an old Revell Spit for that very reason; it's still one of the nicest, as far as exterior detailing, that I know of. A very cool old kit.

Yep, I traced down about half a dozen with a view to tidying them up. Even got a correction for the lower gull wing section. Made a start on one and began to discover the job ahead - then Kotare made their announcement so not sure where these will go now.

Come to think of it, isn’t that the way this all goes? Maybe you can thank me for this kit…..:lol:

Edited by Pete Roberts

4 hours ago, BiggTim said:

It would be impressive to see what these guys could do with a Stuka, for sure! The real canopies are so fiddly in real life, that no one has come even close to getting them right. Trust me - there is a Hase one sitting on my SoD that I spent so much time on the canopies alone that it burned me out - and there it sits.

Ssshhh...   don't say more.  i don't want to know lest I feel I have to fix it on my Hase Ju-87D, too.  Ignorance is bliss.

2 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Ssshhh...   don't say more.  i don't want to know lest I feel I have to fix it on my Hase Ju-87D, too.  Ignorance is bliss.

Well, I never did post any pics of the canopy fix in my (very) old build thread, so maybe I should update that one and do that tonight? :D Just for you, Gaz. Here is the link, so you can get caught up before I do it...

Edited by BiggTim

Kotare announced on their Facebook page that they will be at Telford with test builds of the Spit. Also, they are bringing something new! They will not have kits for sale there, however.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Edited by Dennis7423

16 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Dennis  and Shoggz,

Plenty of detailed photographs (or even a video) would  be most welcome. 

:whistle:

Have a super day there.

:yahoo:

Thank you. 

:)

MARU5137 

I’ll do my best Maru! Shame we won’t be seeing you there this time.

5 minutes ago, npb748r said:

Just spotted Jadlam's have this on pre-order for £99 - I think this is the cheapest I've found so far.

Yeah, I cancelled my back-order with Hannants and hopped across to Jadlam myself.

With a £2 ‘J-points’ voucher to use, I got it for £96.