Italeri announced new MC.202 Folgore

Jan_G

I just went and looked in my library. I have more books on the 200/202/205 than the 109/190 combined.  I think I can safely say I like the looks of this airplane^_^. I can see multiples joining my stash. Anyone know of a release date?

Edited by Steve Eagle
added info

It figures, getting away from the hobby and a lot of great stuff coming out. Might buy this one while the molds are new,  thinking long term maybe far into future, cause i really like the looks of these.

Don

6 hours ago, Steve Eagle said:

I just went and looked in my library. I have more books on the 200/202/205 than the 109/190 combined.  I think I can safely say I like the looks of this airplane^_^. I can see multiples joining my stash. Anyone know of a release date?

Well, who knows ? You never have a final date when a kit release has just  been communicated! In the best case, if they do it, it is provisional and as such rarely the effective one. They say 2022 but if you really do not want to be disappointed, think first February or March 2023. ;)

If they want to go on with Italian topics, ok but can we also get planes like the MB339, Tornado F3 or the AMX rather than only revisiting topics for which more than acceptable kits exist...? Please!

I love the Macchis but there are so many terrific Italian designs without ANY large scale kit (including WW2 planes). If only they could alternate already covered iconas with other topics. Up to now the F-35 was the only original topic. Don't get me wrong, I got 8 of their large scale planes but hoped they would not move in the crowded area (WW2 single engine fighters) whereas so many other good topics are still waiting.