KopeckyScaleModels

CruZz

On 8/22/2023 at 1:33 AM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Jan-

Yes! Significantly different-

I started a conversion many years ago but never finished it. I did all of the easy parts- bigger slabs, lengthened fuselage, vertical tail…perhaps I’ll look at it again 

Cheers

P

Hi Pete

Did you manage to get references for the seat and rear bulkhead for the F-2A? I am also busy with a long term project on the F-2 but have printed the wings and stabs and it is based on the Academy kit.

Cheers

Nick

On 9/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Cheetah11 said:

Hi Pete

Did you manage to get references for the seat and rear bulkhead for the F-2A? I am also busy with a long term project on the F-2 but have printed the wings and stabs and it is based on the Academy kit.

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick-

this is the most comprehensive reference book on the F-2 I’ve been able to find ID5q9ud.jpg

cheers

Pete

Excellent idea!!! This will be another accessory to get. By the way, if you're considering airbrakes of jets of that era, the F-80/T-33 really need improvement in that area. They have a fantasy ceiling to close the bay whereas it was open up to the engine front. Only hoses were actually visible in that bay. An internal bulkhead with a centrifugal engine face and some hoses would do the trick and this would also solve the issue of the major void visible through the air intakes. This is the only major correction/detail set missing for that family of kits.