JetMads 1/32 Viggen

Scotsman

I just received my email from JETMADS about pre-order status for the 2nd run of kits.

I missed out on the first run but am in on the 2nd run for 2 copies.

Pre-order period for the 2nd run goes from August 29th through September 30th.

I am hoping everyone receiving the 1st run batch loves their kits and posts pics !

-Scott

16 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Right, following on from the shenanegans of camo mask sets, as it appens I have 1 spare set available preferably to UK members in the first instance.

£35 secures. 

First come first served

PM sent!!

On 8/25/2021 at 8:54 AM, Treehugger said:

I was thinking, if 3D printed plastic isn't as smooth as resin, maybe a liquid mix of vallejo putty + water drop could be smeared on the 3D printed parts to subtly smooth them.

My only personal experience with 3D printed stuff, is some small 50 cannon mounts for a wooden ship, ordered from Shapeways. I've been reading in the past, about cleaning 3D parts, but the ones I got seemed ok, which confused me. Maybe it isn't so that it is necessary to clean 3D printed parts. 

I have a 3D printed TSR2 and the surfaces of that are like a contour map! It depends on how it's printed. 3D prints in resin are like anything else, pretty smooth but when they are laid up with, effectively, string the surface needs filling. Hopefully the Viggen will be much better than my TSR2!!

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Got an email from Jetmads yesterday.  A very long email.  And somewhat confusing.  Despite the fact that I have a pre-order in place, apparently starting August 29th I have to go to their web site and actually order the kit.  Seems an odd way to do things.

As they say in the beginning of the email, they have received pre-orders from a lot of new customers.  They sent this email in the hope of explaining the way they operate their ordering system.

So when you 'pre-ordered' the 2nd batch you basically indicated your interest in the kit (and quantities you would like to get).  This is strictly speaking non-commital as you are not making any payment.  The next step is for them to open the 'real' order line where you say "I want x number of kits and here is the money".  From that moment you are commited to the kit, and they have an obligation to fulfill the order.

They have worked this way since they started, and it seems to pay dividents for them.  It may seem complicated and/or confusing to people to whom English is a first language, but they are not native English speakers and from experience (I am Belgian, so speak the 3 official languages - Dutch, French and German- as well as some Spanish, Swedish and Japanese, not forgetting the 'Scottish English' I am using since this is where me home is) I know that translating something from one language to another is much more difficult than it appears at first sight, as the small nuances and unspoken local understanding of certain words do not get translated properly.  Having rambled on aboot this denu, I hope I have made the process for the 2nd batch of Viggens more clear (see 2nd paragraph).

Ta,

L.H.

12 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

I have a 3D printed TSR2 and the surfaces of that are like a contour map! It depends on how it's printed. 3D prints in resin are like anything else, pretty smooth but when they are laid up with, effectively, string the surface needs filling. Hopefully the Viggen will be much better than my TSR2!!

My first kit from Jetmads is the D-558-1 Skystreak and I can tell you that the surfaces of the big cast parts are pretty smooth. 

I take it they refer to the term "pre-orders" as a step where you make your payment upfront for a kit not yet produced. Not that unlogical or difficult: make a reservation without making any payments, then make a payment during pre-orders period as a proof that you are serious and then wait for the production of the kit. If there is still some available kits after the production is over then an "order" can be placed with the listing price, no pre-order discounts. That is how it was with the Skystreak but all Viggens were sold out during the pre-orders. 

Edited by JMcD

Tataaaaa :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

20210827-142750.jpg

Back from lunch and guess what I found on my desk!! Just have to leave it here as it causes some distraction in the office and needless to say I am impatiently waiting to arrive home. I am going to have a good look at it during the weekend and happily share with you what is to be seen inside. Great weekend to you all!!!

Matthieu