A-7A Corsair `Streetcar 305'

ericg

Thanks very much for the comments guys.

On 3/3/2021 at 11:04 PM, Rainer Hoffmann said:

That IP came out absolutely great. How long did it take to print the IP in that resolution?

Rainer

It takes about an hour. If I were to mass produce the panels I could fit around 15 or so onto my build plate and it would take the same time as printing one.

6 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

That definitely looks great coming from the printer.  Does the resin printer not produce the same lines that the plastic does?

Matt 

It does produce lines, or more correctly layers but .01mm thick. 

Edited by ericg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the test shot of the AGM-12C Bullpup that I have been working on. Still a little bit of refinement to go with how it all fits together but I am pretty happy with how it has turned out. I printed this at .02 layer height and will go down to .01 after I sort out the few small issues. Whilst it will be a shame to leave all of the rest of the pylons empty, the model will look pretty cool with two of these huge things hanging off the middle ones. After discussion with Tom, we worked out that he should have been carrying a pair of AIM-9B Sidewinders on the fuselage pylons during the mission. 

Screen shot of the CAD work. 

Screenshot%202021-03-13%20210955-X2.jpg

IMG_6978_HEIC-X5.jpg

IMG_6981_HEIC-X4.jpg

Edited by ericg

• ericg changed the title to A-7A Corsair AGM-12C Bullpup test shot.
2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great 3D work Eric. 

I really want to invest in a 3D printer and really want to devote some time to learning the software.

Same. Not likely to ever happen, though. I could see myself buying one so that I could print-at-home all the fantastic designs freely or cheaply available these days, though.

Kev