Trumpeter Swordfish 1:32

Fvdm

Goodevening all,

After lurking for a long time ,I thought it was time to start a topic. My English is not (yet) very good but I hope  I can make clear what I mean. So please be patient :) 

My choice for my first WIP is the Trumpeter Swordfish in 1:32 and I'm using this kit.

zEJmv1.jpg

I also purcased a Biged set from eduard.

U0QbZM.jpg

When I opened the box I saw some nice sprue's but also a sprue with clear fuselage parts. However, I do not intend to use the clear parts because this is hard brittle plastic as you all know.

eL0gRF.jpg

PodXjr.jpg

Below is the color scheme  that i want to use.

KqvNLV.jpg

Thanks for watching and until the first update

Ferry

First off, Welcome to the forums Ferry! :hi:

Secondly no need to worry about your English here, we are a global site with members from all over the planet, and Im 100% sure your English is 100% better than my Dutch! 

Good start, and please do continue to share your work.

Cheers,

Welcome to the LSP family, and your English is just fine! Looking forward to following this one, take your time and have fun with it. Be sure to post your progress, and if you have problems there are lots of wonderful people here who have experience and great suggestions.

Richard

Thank you gentlemen, I feel at home already :).

I have a question about the rigging and i hope you can help me. Searching at google doesn't provide a satisfying answer. The rigging contains flying wires and bracing wires. When I look at pictures it seems that the flying wires are metal bars instead of wires. The bracing wires are difficult to see but also seems metal bars. Does anyone know if I'm right or are the wires really wires?

Thanks in advance.

Ferry

Edited by Fvdm

I used to find it confusing when 'flying wires' were referred to, because they aren't all "wires" as we mostly understand them.

'RAF flying wires' are actually metal rods that have been formed into an airfoil section, but maintain a rod form for their end fixings.

Those end fixings can be either a threaded screw barrel style attachment, or a fork-ended attachment, or an eyelet style. In all cases the termination reverts to its rod form with a threaded tension adjustment fitting.*

The illustration below shows a variety of styles.

* Just don't refer to those kind of end fixings as 'turnbuckles', purists hate that.

Even though they operate in exactly the same way.

32419944578_18ecdfe873_b.jpg

Edited by Chek

37 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Have fun with that one Ferry!  Your English (as with most Dutch people) is far better than we native speakers!

Must get back to the NL sometime soon.  I love Amsterdam, but I really want to see the rest of the country.

I don't know if it'll still be there, but in the mid-70s my then wife and I spent a few days around Apeldoorn on the way from Amsterdam to Germany where we found a museum in the woods which had on display - in the open - the first Spitfire XIV I ever saw, before I knew Griffon Spitfires even existed. Also recall stopping at a crossroads by a canal while a column of Dutch army drove by, some with waist length hair, cradling .50 cals on their knees in Jeeps. Quite a difference from the redneck Brit soldiers we were used to seeing pointing Sterlings at us from within Saracens on the streets of Northern Ireland.

Having said that, I once spent an entire night chatting to a Brit soldier from Newcastle about 'progressive' music and how much he missed going to what were then called 'underground clubs' and listening to heavy music all night long. And having called them 'Brits', I consider myself one of them with English/Scottish/Northern Irish blood running in my veins. Some in Ireland will use it as a form of contempt, but that's what narrow parochialism will do to you.

Edited by Chek
sense