ZOUKEI MURA 2019-2020 - NEW P-51B/C, Bf-109G and Ar-234 ANNOUNCED!!!!!!

Jan_G

3 hours ago, John1 said:

So, I know nothing about these guys.   What kind of quality is ZM known for?   

You pay too much money for alot of internal details (much of which is fictional)

that disappears once the kit is finished and on the shelf.

I'll never buy any ZM kit except perhaps their Basic series when/if it comes out.

Transformers in heat  :rolleyes:

I'm excited at the prospect of a ZM Mustang B/C, as I know the quality will be stellar, but I must admit that it will probably cost more than I would like to spend, as will the HK one, if it ever materializes. I'd LOVE to see a new one from the likes of Revell, too, to offer a better range of prices. Maybe that mysterious leprechaun who designed the new Revell D can convince RoG to do one too? :)

9 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

This is a ridiculous comparison. Revell aren't aiming their kits at the same market as Tamiya and ZM and their much lower prices, certainly in Revell's home markets, reflect that fact. The Revell 1/32 P-51D-5 is a perfectly fine kit for the price.

Be sure to check who draw the parallel from the get go.

Of course there is no comparison between Revell and ZM.

And who Revell are aiming with their kits is beyond me actually. Especially with their Mustang. From my perspective is unacceptable to get Revell Mustang when there is Tamiya or ZM currently on the market, since I won't build 20 so to let price stand in my way.

10 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

You pay too much money for alot of internal details (much of which is fictional)

that disappears once the kit is finished and on the shelf.

I'll never buy any ZM kit except perhaps their Basic series when/if it comes out.

Transformers in heat  :rolleyes:

Not always Mike. I accept their P-51D attracted some criticism for the 'imagineering' of some of the internal structure, but the Ho229 interior detail seems absolutely spot on to me. So too does the interior detail in the J7W1, comparing this to the KoKu-Fan special on the Shinden.

Costwise? well a huge can of worms potentially, but with Tamiya/Trumpeter charging similar amounts for their products I think I would gently submit that ZM pricing is what you would expect. Revell kits are far more reasonably priced (at least here in the UK) and there are some pearls in their range, despite some of the views expressed in this thread. Think He162, Ju88 and He111 plus the reboxed Hasegawa Fw190D-9 . Personally I'm also a fan of their Erla Bf109G-10 despite some small proportional errors. The range of colourful markings for this variant more than offsets spinner/guntrough issues for me. And AM fixes for these are cheap and drop-in fit if you can't get on with them.

It is a pity that such firm releases the next Messerschmitt or the Mustang whom be so just filled up, and so nobody will make such planes as Beaufighter or Ta-154...

Apparently, after Ki-45 and Hs-129 personally my interest in ZM considerably will cool down that will give the chance to have a rest to my purse...

Edited by Doctorgaz

Zoukei Mura is possibly the manufacturer most connected with the modeler. They meet you at shows. They sell directly to you at shows. Tell me, how many times did you receive your model from the hands of the President of the company, the Director of the company or even the person who designed the model? The President of the company is at the other end of your email. They ask you "what do you want?" and they give it to you. These models are the models that the modelers asked for. They have a list of other models for the future and if you want them to "see the light of day", you have to support them. When you pay for an existing model, you finance the next model. 

Radu

5 hours ago, Eagle Driver said:

Be sure to check who draw the parallel from the get go.

Of course there is no comparison between Revell and ZM.

And who Revell are aiming with their kits is beyond me actually. Especially with their Mustang. From my perspective is unacceptable to get Revell Mustang when there is Tamiya or ZM currently on the market, since I won't build 20 so to let price stand in my way.

They are probably aiming their kits at people like me who are on minimum wage with a house and family to provide for! Spare cash is just a fantasy in this household

1 hour ago, Radub said:

Zoukei Mura is possibly the manufacturer most connected with the modeler. They meet you at shows. They sell directly to you at shows. Tell me, how many times did you receive your model from the hands of the President of the company, the Director of the company or even the person who designed the model? The President of the company is at the other end of your email. 

Totally agree Radu 

jan

I like the P-51B and 109G announcements myself.  I am not invested in old versions of either, none in my stash of either.  I have a 109 or two in 1/48 but none in 1/32.  I like the ZM style of over detailing.  You can always decide what you don't want to use.  It is a lot more work to add if you want it.  I guess we won't see any of these before 2020 though, that is the only downside.  But I will get their 190 when they release one.  I might get the Henshell that is coming soon but not sure.  With the 1/24 Hellcat on the way from Airfix, that will be my big one for 2019.

4 hours ago, Radub said:

Zoukei Mura is possibly the manufacturer most connected with the modeler. They meet you at shows. They sell directly to you at shows. Tell me, how many times did you receive your model from the hands of the President of the company, the Director of the company or even the person who designed the model? The President of the company is at the other end of your email. They ask you "what do you want?" and they give it to you. These models are the models that the modelers asked for. They have a list of other models for the future and if you want them to "see the light of day", you have to support them. When you pay for an existing model, you finance the next model. 

Radu

And that is exactly why I will seriously consider buying the B Mustang when it arrives. It is clear to me from meeting him and from what you told me, that they care very much for what we think.