Looks like Eduard is reassessing 1/32

RBrown

3 hours ago, John1 said:

Edit - reading the rest of the posts, I see that the guy has been banned.   I’d still be interested (in another thread) to understand what the issues were.   

He listed several small things in another thread on the Kotare kit. I think it was one discussing what kit may be next.

8 hours ago, John1 said:

Sir - I agree with others about this thread not being the place to slag someone else’s kit.   That being said, I’m genuinely curious about what you feel Kotare missed.  I hope you will start a dedicated post to detail your concerns.   

Edit - reading the rest of the posts, I see that the guy has been banned.   I’d still be interested (in another thread) to understand what the issues were.   

Yes was curious as well. Oh well :coolio: the red pen gets a stay of execution. 

Being half-German and half British, I always found it astonishing myself that I have almost no interest in either the Bf109 of the Spitfire, and I mean not any kit but the real aircraft themselves. Maybe because I am more interested in modern aircraft in general.

With so many options of the types from other manufacturers I doubt it would be a commercially wise move if Eduard chose these subjects.  

Why not even consider a totally different and attractive subject? No intent here to start a wishlist, which we have many already, but any manufacturer would quickly notice what is not available in the market for the longing modelers.  

Neil

Did Eduard not repackage the 1:32 Hasegawa P-47 kit with Dottie Mae decals and a 3D printed lovely dressed as Santa?  Maybe this was lurking in the back of their minds too. 

I can't think of any third-party 1:32 kits I'd personally want to see repackaged by Eduard, except maybe the Hasegawa F-86F with some Korean War decals, plain resin seat and printed cockpit details. That would work.

Though I notice that Hasegawa are actually re-re-re-re-releasing their Sabre kit sometime around now. 

New tool I'm still hoping for a flip-flop on the Fishbed and Eduard applying their recent MiG-21F-13 expertise to 1:32 scale, whatever prop takes centrestage in their plans. It's P-51-sized, a bit longer but much less wingspan. And there were some 11,496 Fishbeds built - almost ¾ as many as Mustangs. (Of course, only a ⅓ of Bf 109 production so the Noxie plane always wins the numbers war.) 

Tony

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

except maybe the Hasegawa F-86F

I believe their F-86F is actually the -40 version, so unsuitable for the Korean War.  But I could well be wrong.

11 hours ago, Violator1991 said:

Why not even consider a totally different and attractive subject? No intent here to start a wishlist, which we have many already, but any manufacturer would quickly notice what is not available in the market for the longing modelers.  

Neil

I don't think it's so much a matter of what's not available, but whether that subject that's not available would actually sell in 1:32 kit form.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I don't think it's so much a matter of what's not available, but whether that subject that's not available would actually sell in 1:32 kit form.

For sure. 
Kotare, Eduard, ZM, ?  P51 B/C clock is ticking

I guess they could re issue some Hasegawa kits like they did P-40 with etch and decent decals. But most are available if you look for them. 

8 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I believe their F-86F is actually the -40 version, so unsuitable for the Korean War.  But I could well be wrong.

I rather think you're right there. I don't know the kit, but if it's a good F-40 then removing the extra wingspan near the tip and some fuselage rescribing may be enough to get you a Canadair Mk 6.

4 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

For sure. 
Kotare, Eduard, ZM, ?  P51 B/C clock is ticking

I guess they could re issue some Hasegawa kits like they did P-40 with etch and decent decals. But most are available if you look for them. 

Agreed, my clock has been ticking for a -51B/C for quite some time. I 'm thinking that Eduard MIGHT

Just now, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Agreed, my clock has been ticking for a -51B/C for quite some time. I 'm thinking that Eduard MIGHT

I was going to say MIGHT have a leg up being that they're getting to release a B/C in 48th so a lot of the leg work is already done . I'd like to see them get back in the mix again seeing as Tamiya and Hasegawa have gone dark.