how about a 25th aniversary group build?

Yeah, I think this is a good idea. We made a big deal out of our 20th anniversary, so the least we can do for our Silver Jubilee is to run a group build to celebrate! The trick is, though, how do we differentiate it from work already being done in the WiP forum? If anything LSP goes, then it's basically the same thing. And to allow absolutely anything and everything would run counter to the very thing we would be celebrating. I don't have an answer.

Kev

A 25th anniversary GB is a good idea. Could it be that the subject has to be an LSP with the following conditions:

• The kit was released more than 25 years ago;
  • OR the kit subject is more than 25 years since it was first flown (that knocks out very few potential subjects);
  • OR the subject is silver (NMF or appeared in silver painted livery).

Kind regards,

Paul

29 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

A 25th anniversary GB is a good idea. Could it be that the subject has to be an LSP with the following conditions:

• The kit was released more than 25 years ago;
  • OR the kit subject is more than 25 years since it was first flown (that knocks out very few potential subjects);
  • OR the subject is silver (NMF or appeared in silver painted livery).

Kind regards,

Paul

I for one do not want build anymore 25 year old kits.  I would rather we all build Kevin’s favorite modern kit. :rofl:

I like the silver anniversary angle.  Build metal kits with a minimum of shiny.

I like the proposal to build aircraft that have been and are still in service for at least 25 years.  

I can actually see value in a broad-based GB here, where it encompasses more than one of the criteria discussed here, all built around the concepts of "25" and "silver jubilee". This would open up a wide spectrum of choices for maximum participation, while still sticking with LSP subjects.

Kev