Laminar Flow Design 3D printed seamless intake for Tamiya Phantom

orion2

Hello,

Laminar Flow Design has made available their earlier-designed seamless intake for the 1/32 Tamiya Phantom. It's available either as a physical print or as a download.

https://laminarflowdesign.com/gb/132-set/46-copy-of-dl-f4-phantom-seamless-intake.html

copy-of-dl-f4-phantom-seamless-intake.jp

I choose that option and a friend of mine printed it on one of his printers. There was an issue because the front edge is so thin the printer had troubles printing it correctly, but even then the part was still usable.

It fits very nicely into the Tamiya intake part.

There is not much left on the market to correct Tamiya's awful intake, so this is a very welcome addition.

MarcB

35 minutes ago, ScottsGT said:

Just finished up a Tamiya Phantom last week.  Although I had several sets of AM intakes, I chose FOD covers because of the contrasting color made it look better.  

So glad to see new AM support for these older kits. 

EKZjMK.jpg

looks great , could we see a bit more ????

2 hours ago, mozart said:

Never mind seamless intakes, what we really need are all the parts needed to make a British Phantom.

24 minutes ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Not until Matthieu does a Seafire XV first!!

Now that you mention it, I was fool enough to even think doing this

6H47VzC.jpg

But a Seafire XV is definetly a more reachable goal, and both served in the RN after all..

Cheers

M

18 minutes ago, MDuv said:

Now that you mention it, I was fool enough to even think doing this

6H47VzC.jpg

But a Seafire XV is definetly a more reachable goal, and both served in the RN after all..

Cheers

M

Matthieu, if you do a Seafire XV I'm sure you would make a lot of Canadians happy as well since it also flew with the RCN. It would be the perfect complement to a Sea Fury. 

Carl

9 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

Now you got me fired up to build another Phantom and try the new 3D printed intakes, and they are OUT OF STOCK! :BANGHEAD2:

Greg

Yea, talk about printing money!  :clap2: Can you backorder them?  I have one of their Spitfire conversions. Quality stuff!  Worth the wait.