How many still use books?

LSP_Mike

I do so love to hold a book in my hands, but for quick reference as to what gizmo goes where, I almost always go straight to the net for photos.   The cumulative knowledge of all mankind can be accessed from anywhere on the planet with a couple of key strokes.  Quick, easy, lots of options.  Even I can do it.

I'm a librarian, and probably biased, but books are my first resource. However I do use both, usually the internet will have more current information and research and photos that drill down into details. You also meet people from all over the world who you would never have known otherwise.

Still though, nothing like sitting in a good chair with a pile of books researching your next project.

Richard

I use books, magazines if available, and the web, but am definitely a bibliophile first and foremost.  Just finished reading Barret Tillman's Forgotten Fifteenth and am very tempted to repurpose one of the Mustangs in the stash.

Which just illustrates that I get inspiration from books before starting a model as well as info during the process.

I agree that the combination of internet and books are a modeler's wish come true. Before building a kit I go to the internet for information that leads me to the books, which are the primary resource I use during my build. Take for instance the new release(s) by Valiant Airframe and Miniature #23 on the Ju88.........definative resource on the subject. None of the info contained in the books is easily compiled in one place on the internet.  

Jager

Living On Tulsa Time

My books are my friends….really, my friends. I’d be lost without them, the internet is great for searching….especially the National Archives Discovery section, but my books are invaluable. 

2 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

I do so love to hold a book in my hands, but for quick reference as to what gizmo goes where, I almost always go straight to the net for photos.   The cumulative knowledge of all mankind can be accessed from anywhere on the planet with a couple of key strokes.  Quick, easy, lots of options.  Even I can do it.

You're on bloody fine form today OBG. Is that the effect of being a year older?!