S-3 Viking in 1/32 announced by Trumpeter in 2024-2025

Jan_G

5 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

I got really excited there when I saw the Fulmar and Battle two subjects on my 1/32 wish list but unfortunately they are 1/48, 

Me too! Nevermind

Looks like their announced 1/35 AH-64A Apache is also now actually coming out. Its up for pre-order in a few stores already.

I have both the MENG and several Takom Apache´s and I have yet to see Trumpeter release anything to that standard.. but will be nice to have an early Apache

- sorry for hijacking the thread - back to the much more important Viking ;)

tru05114.jpg

Edited by Zola25

The 1/32 scale Fw190 series is new and very welcome. But it is very surprising that Trumpeter wants to release both a short fuselage version (Fw190A-4) and a long fuselage version (Fw190A-8) as they require quite different moulds!

I am very excited about Zoukei Mura's rendering of the Fw190, but at the rate they are releasing kits, we will probably not see the later A variants until 2026 ;)

Trumpeter's approach may also be easier to build and less detailed than Zoukei Mura's.

13 minutes ago, Martini_Man said:

The 1/32 scale Fw190 series is new and very welcome. But it is very surprising that Trumpeter wants to release both a short fuselage version (Fw190A-4) and a long fuselage version (Fw190A-8) as they require quite different moulds!

I am very excited about Zoukei Mura's rendering of the Fw190, but at the rate they are releasing kits, we will probably not see the later A variants until 2026 ;)

Trumpeter's approach may also be easier to build and less detailed than Zoukei Mura's.

I have to wonder if Trumpeter will try to use the same fuselages for both the -4 and the -8[ hope not ] but this IS Trumpeter we're talking about here so......... Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

58 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I have to wonder if Trumpeter will try to use the same fuselages for both the -4 and the -8[ hope not ] but this IS Trumpeter we're talking about here so......... Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

There were -4 and -8 versions for the S-3 Viking?  I’m so confused by some of the posts in this thread.

2 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

There were -4 and -8 versions for the S-3 Viking?  I’m so confused by some of the posts in this thread.

Yes a bit of thread veer in here. I am definitely guilty of it myself on occasion.

16 hours ago, DonH said:

Well, this will be difficult if you have not appreciated the gentle tinkle of china tea cups on a warm summer day. The caress of leather against wood. Loud murmurs of approval for a tickle down the leg side. Groans as a thick edge is pouched in the slips.

The Brits are coming in from left field with cricket references...

How about...

Blue darter

Can of corn

Texas leaguer

Frozen rope

Tools of ignorance 

Two bagger

Dinger

Dan

Came “out of left field”, IIRC is an event when a left hand batter hits the ball deep into the left field corner and the fielder throws a man out at  home plate without using a relay from the third base player as a relay (adds speed and accuracy). Essentially a rocket arm shot that takes the joy out of what looked to be an easy score board run.