Need your opinion on my Corsair build

Woody V

38 minutes ago, Maxim61 said:

Looks good to me but as someone else said, you'll need to fade the markings as well.

Just wondering to myself why the national insignia would fade on fabric more than it would on metal, if that’s being opined?  The prep coats are different on fabric from what they would be on sheet metal before the final color goes on which accounts for the differences down the road, but this doesn’t necessarily mean something like a very dark insignia laid down on top of everything else would look or act any differently just because it was shot on a fabric surface.  Seems like it fade evenly.

Question is - does it look too light to you Woody? 

We have a saying out here on the west coast when it comes to weathering - less is more. 

your build looks great, but you are the one who needs to be happy with the end result looking at it in your display case two years from now. 

When I did my contrasting between metal and fabric on my 1/18 effort, I looked at a whole lot of old pictures.  Oddly, I saw everything from fabric darker than metal to fabric lighter than metal to fabric looking same as metal.  So I just painted the top coat it all the same.  Turned out that my alum skinned panels ended up with an unintended  different hue anyway, which was OK with me.  I think you ought to leave it alone and weather the devil out of it with stains and dirt.

9 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

difficult choice for me.  I guess you can make it work if you give the same level of fading on the national markings.  If that is not possible, then slightly darker would the direction I would go.

I had planned on fading the national insignias from the beginning. My number one goal is continuity in the weathering.