HpH news - 1/32 Kate, Marauder, Ventura and 1/48 B-47

Kagemusha

Great subject matter , especially the B-47. A couple of things pull me up short , first, the fact that they're going to be full on resin kits. I've never built a full resin kit in my life , ok I can probably learn the ins and outs . second. will be the cost ,I know for a fact that these aren't going to be cheap, most probably out of my economic strata. Now given the fact of the first thing , I'd hate like hell to spend the coin on one of these to find out I'm in over my head and worse mess it up. Good subjects all , at the very least someone is thinking outside the box. It's about time!

3 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Great subject matter , especially the B-47. A couple of things pull me up short , first, the fact that they're going to be full on resin kits. I've never built a full resin kit in my life , ok I can probably learn the ins and outs . second. will be the cost ,I know for a fact that these aren't going to be cheap, most probably out of my economic strata. Now given the fact of the first thing , I'd hate like hell to spend the coin on one of these to find out I'm in over my head and worse mess it up. Good subjects all , at the very least someone is thinking outside the box. It's about time!

I have built several HpH kits. Yes there is sanding involved with removing stubs from parts. They tend to be pretty complete with regard to interiors. But, they need to be checked for fit- had a few misfits due to some shrinkage. Not major though. I thoroughly enjoyed building my kits (La-7 and Me-410. Be patient. I’m interested possibly in SM -79 and Ventura. 

31 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I see resin becoming replaced by 3D in the years to come. Cheaper and far easier with the ability to do incredible accurate detail. But im In for an SM79

Well, 3D is resin, too, just in a different form. I am betting we will see 3D items in the new kits, and/or masters made with 3D that are then cast.

8 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I've never built a full resin kit in my life , ok I can probably learn the ins and outs .

Me neither, tho I have some experience with it as quite a few IM kits have resin parts and/or conversions.

I also have some Silver Wings kits to build but I have no fear of completing them.

My recommendations would be to use power tools for sanding and eliminating pour blocks, wear a mask

and turn on a fan nearby.

Gotta have CA which means you gotta have debonder. As you've likely heard from experienced resin builders,

CA has less surface tension than any other liquid on the planet and has a tencency to go places you don't want it to.

( I swear sometimes mine winds up at the neighbor's house !)

Have no fear Ivan ...

wDJzNlA.jpg

11 minutes ago, MikeMaben said:

Me neither, tho I have some experience with it as quite a few IM kits have resin parts and/or conversions.

I also have some Silver Wings kits to build but I have no fear of completing them.

My recommendations would be to use power tools for sanding and eliminating pour blocks, wear a mask

and turn on a fan nearby.

Gotta have CA which means you gotta have debonder. As you've likely heard from experienced resin builders,

CA has less surface tension than any other liquid on the planet and has a tencency to go places you don't want it to.

( I swear sometimes mine winds up at the neighbor's house !)

Have no fear Ivan ...

wDJzNlA.jpg

I'll take that on advisement. I too have dealt with resin parts but not the whole darn thing. I read you loud and clear about the CA glue. Do you think some of this ultraviolet setting glue would work? I've got a respirator that I use for painting.

3 minutes ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

I'll take that on advisement. I too have dealt with resin parts but not the whole darn thing. I read you loud and clear about the CA glue. Do you think some of this ultraviolet setting glue would work? I've got a respirator that I use for painting.

I've used that too although it has to be exposed for the light to cure it, I don't think it cures by itself over time

so you could use it in some applications but not others. I'd recommend CA which I like because you can attach

long surfaces (like fuselage halves) by using dots of CA to attach and align parts and then go back and close

seams with liquid glue to close up any gaps. Other than that it's pretty much like building any other kit.