What happened to HYPERSCALE?

ssculptor

Ah Hyperscale. I was a member of the great banning for bad mouthing Meteor Productions/Dave Klaus. The day that his sponsorship of HS ended, Brett unbanned me. I thought that was pretty chickens*%t of him. I first learned of the 9/11 attacks thru HS, since I couldn't connect to any regular news sites and folks started posting about it there. Once it and Missing Lynx went tapatalk, I was history. Loved the old threaded format. Internet nostalgia. 

Just now, eoyguy said:

Ah Hyperscale. I was a member of the great banning for bad mouthing Meteor Productions/Dave Klaus. The day that his sponsorship of HS ended, Brett unbanned me. I thought that was pretty chickens*%t of him. I first learned of the 9/11 attacks thru HS, since I couldn't connect to any regular news sites and folks started posting about it there. Once it and Missing Lynx went tapatalk, I was history. Loved the old threaded format. Internet nostalgia. 

Yeh I got the flick from there years ago for something similar. Never bothered going back and don't miss the place. 

Surprised to hear that much hate for HS.   It's not on my daily "must read" list but I go there a few times / week and typically find informative info, there are some true SME's who reside exclusively on that site.   The bickering / BS factor seems to be about the same as any other onlinr forum I've come across.   Not better, not worse.  

Given the demographics of our hobby, I would think it would be in everyone's interest to support other sites, not slag them to the world. 

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Surprised to hear that much hate for HS. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but from my point of view there's no hate.  I drifted away from Hyperscale and its dated format when I found ARC and subsequently other similar fora which emerged.

Much later I tried to have a look at it just after it had migrated, and was told that there had never been a user "MikeC"; all I was trying to do was log in with the "forgotten password" routine.  So no hate, just gave up on it - as I said, I'm quite happy on a very few select fora, not least this one.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

Given the demographics of our hobby, I would think it would be in everyone's interest to support other sites ...

I agree in principle, but if I engaged in any more fora, that would eat even more into my modelling and real-life time.

Hm. 

I used to visit HS occasionally, but stopped when they went to the Tapatalk format, and for many of the same reasons others have cited.  Plus, I really didn't like how it often seemed the domain of a few people, and they strutted about and piled on people they didn't like.  I like LSP and Britmodeller and a few other places much better.

Talk about memory lane. I used to hit up Hyperscale, ARC, Modeling Madness,Tracklink, Missing Lynx, and LSP multiples times a day. Haven't visited the others in...years I would guess at this point. Wonder if they all still exist???:hmmm:

Might have to do some "internet Archaeology"

1 hour ago, Alain Gadbois said:

I check the what’s new page about every couple days to keep me informed on all the new stuff coming out in various scales. Don’t have much patience for all the ads on the forum that seem to move the text I’m reading in sudden jolts that are highly annoying. 

Alain

+1!

21 hours ago, Tec182 said:

There is some good information posted on the rare occasion but the real fun is viewing the latest pontification by the ORACLE. 

Yup the whole thing can go over the top.  The last place I would go to see a kit review. 

11 hours ago, John1 said:

Surprised to hear that much hate for HS.   It's not on my daily "must read" list but I go there a few times / week and typically find informative info, there are some true SME's who reside exclusively on that site.   The bickering / BS factor seems to be about the same as any other onlinr forum I've come across.   Not better, not worse.  

Given the demographics of our hobby, I would think it would be in everyone's interest to support other sites, not slag them to the world. 

I am pretty sure we are not expressing hate.  I feel disappointment is maybe a better term.