Top Gun Maverick

Scotsman

Getting back to the movie itself, one thing I didn’t understand is that all of the planes appeared to be carrying a pair of GBU-24s, but only the leader in the single seater dropped them on the target?  In the first attack by Mav and Phoenix/Bob, only Mav dropped, and the twin seater kept their bombs on during the zoom climb afterwards to clear the mountain.  It wasn’t well into the climb that they said they jettisoned the bombs.  Given what appears to be a fair amount of respect for technical accuracy (at least by Hollywood standards), it seems dumb for the movie to not have both planes drop.

35 minutes ago, Mark P said:

How do you pull 9 G's, or fly inverted and keep your eye glasses on?

Mark Proulx

They're under a flying helmet, which has earphones built in and fits very snugly.  So hopefully they're held pretty tight, although I don't doubt the nosepieces will dig in a bit under heavy g.

39 minutes ago, Mark P said:

Mark Proulx

Since the entire attack plot was ripped off from Star Wars I would think he was using the Force - I was just waiting for Mavericks callsign to be "Red 5"

What a horrible movie - in fact it was so depressingly bad it started to ruin the original movie as well..

Edited by Zola25

So basically we have 

Loved it SO much I couldn't stop smiling an hour after I saw it

&

What an awesome movie, I'm going to see it for a 3rd time!

To

Worst moving Ive ever seen - SO unrealistic I couldn't sit through the whole thing
&
Horrible - so bad it ruined the 1st one.

lol - VERY polarizing movie it seems 

6 hours ago, Mark P said:

Mark Proulx

Duct tape stripe. Someone in an Eagle was pictured doing demo years ago on YT.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

lol - VERY polarizing movie it seems 

They are making millions on that. Pepsi/Coke, Samsung/Apple, Netflix/Disney... AMK/HobbyBoss, Meng/Takom, Tamiya/Zoukei :D

Here's an interesting take:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/06/top-gun-maverick-mission-military-analysis.html

So far nobody explained how come 7.5G bird can do a Cobra and pull 9Gs without changing the dihedral. Or is it anhedral with the Super Hornet? That I don't know.

Nor how can one survive Mach 10 mid-air destruction. 

Oh yeah, people were having fun. OK. Hence the Marvel movies :wacko:

What will follow is Iron Eagle 3. Pardon, Top Gun 3, where cruise is old and they let him fly only WWII birds and fight in them. Ooowee.

Edited by Eagle Driver

28 minutes ago, Eagle Driver said:

Duct tape stripe. Someone in an Eagle was pictured doing demo years ago on YT.

They are making millions on that. Pepsi/Coke, Samsung/Apple, Netflix/Disney... AMK/HobbyBoss, Meng/Takom, Tamiya/Zoukei :D

Here's an interesting take:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/06/top-gun-maverick-mission-military-analysis.html

So far nobody explained how come 7.5G bird can do a Cobra and pull 9Gs without changing the dihedral. Or is it anhedral with the Super Hornet? That I don't know.

Nor how can one survive Mach 10 mid-air destruction. 

Oh yeah, people were having fun. OK. Hence the Marvel movies :wacko:

What will follow is Iron Eagle 3. Pardon, Top Gun 3, where cruise is old and they let him fly only WWII birds and fight in them. Ooowee.

“You need to let him go, sir.  You gotta let him go.”  

ED, buddy, I’m thinking old TC probably has more time around the boat than you do.  And that part is for real even if he is in the back seat.  Anybody know if he still plans to shoot a movie on the ISS?

Does the guy that wrote that article know that Iran does indeed have Tomcats still in service today as well as Phantoms ..?

Hey, he's nitpicky so, so am I ...

-Gregg