Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Being away from the bench is proving to be an expensive exercise, too much spare time shopping for kits instead of building

HOWEVER

I did manage to snag the last of my all time Holy-Grail kits. Not a LSP, admittedly, but impossibly cool none the less!

Tom's Modelworks 1/48 Sikorsky S38

The box is entirely lackluster so here's a perv at some of the parts within

Screenshot_20240121_154651

Details are cast resin and white metal. And a LOT of plastic strut stock.

Screenshot_20240121_154715

I'm already scheming about how to make a square metal-tube structure to go inside the top wing and booms, that will pick up the central strut, to make a nice solid model. 

Can't wait to have a go!!

Given its holy grail status, that means I should never need to buy another model ever again, right?

:rolleyes:

So, I just treated myself to this beauty for my birthday.. If you want the right gifts - buy them yourself :D

817Y45dj7ZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I was using the Evolution AL for a long time and I loved the light weight design. It was getting a bit "tired" after heavy use so I upgraded to the infinity 1½ years ago. It is a really nice airbrush but I always found it a bit of a nuisance to work with the heavy weight compared to the Evolution AL. This new limited edition is the answer to my prayers. This is the Infinity CR Plus (in Light Weight Aluminium) AL Version AND it comes with the brand new H&S nozzle sizes of 0.28mm and 0.45mm. I have always found my sweet spot to be around 0.30mm so until now I was using the 0.40mm nozzle. The 0.20 is just too small for the way I work. 

Can´t wait to take it for a test run ;)

/Niels

PS - it comes in 4 different designs inspired by the four seasons. This one is called "Fall". They say they will only make 250 of each design

3 hours ago, Zola25 said:

So, I just treated myself to this beauty for my birthday.. If you want the right gifts - buy them yourself :D

817Y45dj7ZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I was using the Evolution AL for a long time and I loved the light weight design. It was getting a bit "tired" after heavy use so I upgraded to the infinity 1½ years ago. It is a really nice airbrush but I always found it a bit of a nuisance to work with the heavy weight compared to the Evolution AL. This new limited edition is the answer to my prayers. This is the Infinity CR Plus (in Light Weight Aluminium) AL Version AND it comes with the brand new H&S nozzle sizes of 0.28mm and 0.45mm. I have always found my sweet spot to be around 0.30mm so until now I was using the 0.40mm nozzle. The 0.20 is just too small for the way I work. 

Can´t wait to take it for a test run ;)

/Niels

PS - it comes in 4 different designs inspired by the four seasons. This one is called "Fall". They say they will only make 250 of each design

That looks nice

Link to buy?

I don’t know if this’ll make anybody jealous, I am/was, in need of shelf space (this is what happens when you burn through the stash in record time) not wanting to just throw away (almost all 1/32) built model aircraft. I reached out to the local Canadian Legion to see if there would be anything of interest on my shelves that they may wish to have for the museum…they dropped by, their jaws dropped and they began tagging their “wants”. It looks like I’m giving all my WW II Luftwaffe, WW II Canadian and British subjects, about 20 ish model aircraft Plus a couple of armour and 1:350 Tirpitz 

that will make my wife happy! More importantly it means the grandkids won’t be destroying them after I’m gone and, for now I can continue to buy and build!!

I’m a decent modeller but not the best, there are some best here, so you guys should check into this kind of thing and see if it’s an option?

1 hour ago, chrish said:

I don’t know if this’ll make anybody jealous, I am/was, in need of shelf space (this is what happens when you burn through the stash in record time) not wanting to just throw away (almost all 1/32) built model aircraft. I reached out to the local Canadian Legion to see if there would be anything of interest on my shelves that they may wish to have for the museum…they dropped by, their jaws dropped and they began tagging their “wants”. It looks like I’m giving all my WW II Luftwaffe, WW II Canadian and British subjects, about 20 ish model aircraft Plus a couple of armour and 1:350 Tirpitz 

that will make my wife happy! More importantly it means the grandkids won’t be destroying them after I’m gone and, for now I can continue to buy and build!!

I’m a decent modeller but not the best, there are some best here, so you guys should check into this kind of thing and see if it’s an option?

Awesome!!!!

On 1/21/2024 at 4:35 PM, RadBaron said:

Being away from the bench is proving to be an expensive exercise, too much spare time shopping for kits instead of building

HOWEVER

I did manage to snag the last of my all time Holy-Grail kits. Not a LSP, admittedly, but impossibly cool none the less!

Tom's Modelworks 1/48 Sikorsky S38

The box is entirely lackluster so here's a perv at some of the parts within

Screenshot_20240121_154651

Details are cast resin and white metal. And a LOT of plastic strut stock.

Screenshot_20240121_154715

I'm already scheming about how to make a square metal-tube structure to go inside the top wing and booms, that will pick up the central strut, to make a nice solid model. 

Can't wait to have a go!!

Given its holy grail status, that means I should never need to buy another model ever again, right?

:rolleyes:

Always loved the S-38, never knew there was a kit of one!  Though a vac-form kit is not in my wheelhouse, I would love to see this one built!

9 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Always loved the S-38, never knew there was a kit of one!  Though a vac-form kit is not in my wheelhouse, I would love to see this one built!

There are a couple in 1/72, an old Esoteric Vacform (which is actually a really beautiful kit, the pinnacle of vacforms) and resin kit by CMR (which I've never seen in person and can't comment on).

This one is the only 1/48 kit, although MikroMir is currently working on a 1/48 injection molded kit of the S39, and I do wonder if they're planning on following it with an S38. 

Time will tell!

On 1/25/2024 at 8:19 PM, chrish said:

:clap2:

Honestly?  Makes me very jealous.  I would be honored if a VFW Post, museum or similar wanted my builds to care for long after I was gone.   I’ve often said I need to reach out to a VFW Post once my display case is full.  Sadly though it seems that the VFW posts here in the states are struggling with maintaining memberships.  We have one a few miles from us that a close friend is active in because he comes from a military family.  I need to check it out myself.