Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Fist of all, my Telford haul

53336638990_697f916d11_b.jpg

I love these Wingleader books.

They were doing a buy 5, get one free deal.. which as you see I couldn't resist..:whistle:

The Spitfire Mk.I/II book was written by Richard Alexander and is excellent. It's worth the 20 quid for the reference section at the back alone!

As ever, I spent some quality time with the inestimable Mr Castle on his Airscale stand, and oh, with a Revell Bf109 G2/4 in the stash, I just had to pick the full set up for it at a very reasonable price!

53335300822_2d798e27a6_b.jpg

Finally, not from Telford, this arrived yesterday

53335300817_42680e4726_b.jpg

It's the Laminar Flow cockpit upgrade to complement the Mk.XIV conversion sets.

And, look 

53336193456_b9ddbb63ff_b.jpg

2 for the price of one. With both the low and high back conversion sets in the stash, I've got a cockpit set for each.

Excellent! 

:yahoo:

I hope you got that Hi-Grade Dora for cheap, Dave, as it's Hasegawa's old-tool Fw 190A kit, married to a new fuselage and all the other bits necessary to make a Dora. The old kit parts have raised surface details, while the newer parts are recessed. I had one, and converted it to a D-11:

Kev

25 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I hope you got that Hi-Grade Dora for cheap, Dave, as it's Hasegawa's old-tool Fw 190A kit, married to a new fuselage and all the other bits necessary to make a Dora. The old kit parts have raised surface details, while the newer parts are recessed. I had one, and converted it to a D-11:

Kev

Yep, it's really not any sort of "high grade" kit at all; just some white metal parts & P.E. mixed in with those lousy old wings.

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yep, it's really not any sort of "high grade" kit at all; just some white metal parts & P.E. mixed in with those lousy old wings.

Indeed! Jerry Ruman made a very good resin set to replace all the old parts with corrected and scribed ones. Useless to say this unfortunately disappeared many years ago...