KopeckyScaleModels

CruZz

• 2 weeks later...

Could we try to convince you to address one of the important feature of the F-16 MLU in 1/32?

The PIDS pylons

These were done before (by PWMP) but as far as I know are long OOP

I used these before for my Orange jumper conversion starting from the F-16 Sufa:

34_OJ_railspainting.jpg

Doing a MLU nowadays is really hard but can be done with a lot of aftermarkets, yet the above pylons are missing in the aftermarket inventory.
I thought it would be something ideal for Kopecky scale models to do :)

https://www.airforce-technology.com/news/terma-modify-belgian-defences-f-16-pylons/?cf-view

Terma_AF-3_edit.jpg

There are also a lot of variation for these pylons with Terma sensors and many airforces around the world use variations of these pylons. 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32521/air-force-f-16s-are-getting-pylons-with-built-in-missile-warning-sensors-and-countermeasures

1583790408543-pylons.jpg?auto=webp&optim

Many thanks for your consideration.

• 1 month later...

Hi Jan-

those look outstanding!

I think an updated glare shield for the Tamiya F-16 is a good idea..a new one that includes the defroster vents that Tamiya missed.
With the really nice 3D cockpit decals for this kit, the Tamiya cockpit is really all you need; but a new glare shield would really help-

cheers

Pete

On 11/4/2023 at 7:15 PM, Pete Fleischmann said:

Hi Jan-

those look outstanding!

I think an updated glare shield for the Tamiya F-16 is a good idea..a new one that includes the defroster vents that Tamiya missed.
With the really nice 3D cockpit decals for this kit, the Tamiya cockpit is really all you need; but a new glare shield would really help-

cheers

Pete

I would also add doing one for the Academy F-16, which is quite wrong, at least in earlier releases of the kit.