Trumpeter F-105G (Done)

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest I wouldn’t bother with a flat coat, they look just right. The green leather parts have just the right amount of sheen but the metal parts seem flat already. 

Edited by mozart

• 2 months later...

Thank you. In looking at the photo after I posted it, I noticed a few more 'specs' of paint that need added beside weathering. There are also shrouds for the scopes that I really haven't figured out how I'm going to add without gluing my fingers to it. :rolleyes: They might just go awol.

Edited by denders

On 3 April 2020 at 1:39 AM, Dragon said:

A heads upon the AM resin nose replacement. I've disappointedly discovered the resin nose profile (at least the one I have) doesn't match the profile of the forward fuselage. Joining the two results in an odd transitional profile. There is/was a pic of this issue on a LSP build, but I can't seem to find it now. I'm dealing with this issue currently on my 105F build. If I could have a do over, I'd use the kit nose. For my 105D build, the only resin I'll being using is on it are a seat and the ventral fin. Anything else not worth the hassle IMHO. 

Which one Dragon? GTR?

I have the long OOP CE and RCR noses and ventral fins. RCR even provided separate log periodic RHAWS antennae — the diamond shaped ones just aft of the radome.

Aerocraft may be doing clear canopy parts soon, which I've been hoping to see for years.

Tony 

6izXpp.jpgFUhQc7.jpg

DKCGFT.jpg

nw53G7.jpg

w5qtk2.jpg

Well, everything is in the cockpit tub and a first fit in the fuselage. Looks like it needs some work. There is a piece at the top of the rear instrument panel that will need some work. Either filing in the plastic fuselage halves, or removal and relocation a bit lower, or perhaps AWOL :rolleyes:. There are some other locations that need some adapting in the fuselage sections. And of course, there's a whole lot of other items that have to fit before final closing up. So far, I like what I've got.

Edited by denders

Looking good denders! I keep looking at the cockpit. Is that self adhesive PE consoles and IP in the cockpit? If so was it from the BigEd set you mentioned or something else? You’ve really got the whole cockpit flowing together.

Great-looking cockpit.

'A heads upon the AM resin nose replacement. I've disappointedly discovered the resin nose profile (at least the one I have) doesn't match the profile of the forward fuselage.'

Have you notified GTR of this?  I would be surprised if Gary didn't respond positively to your comments.

Sincerely,

Mark