Due in late Feb.....

MikeMaben

me too!

I kind of go with what I like in terms of modelling. I'll fight my way through a resin or vacuum formed kit enjoying the "struggles?" of modelling then reward myself with an "easy?" Tamiya or Hasegawa kit that I'll almost always make harder by adding work of some kind to it. The biggest model I've built was my garage, it showed up with no instructions on a 5 ton truck in the form of sheets of plywood and a bunch of  2X6's.....while I was out looking at the pile of lumber my wife asked me what I was thinking? I replied this doesn't look like a garage to me.

If the kit looks like an Invader and comes with instructions I'll be a happy man!

:)

Errors or not, the glass nose is a must-have for me. :yahoo:If I can't live with any shape errors that may be present, I'll 3d print corrections assuming no companies have already made parts to fix.

One of my guys locally seems to think that there are a lot of changes that would be needed to the gun-nose airframe if someone wanted to build the -K model for Vietnam. With the obvious detail of removing the turret, adding hard points, ordinance  (and some antennae?), can anyone shed light on what else would need to be changed to make a really nice SEA Invader?

Thanks

2 hours ago, seiran01 said:

Errors or not, the glass nose is a must-have for me. :yahoo:If I can't live with any shape errors that may be present, I'll 3d print corrections assuming no companies have already made parts to fix.

One of my guys locally seems to think that there are a lot of changes that would be needed to the gun-nose airframe if someone wanted to build the -K model for Vietnam. With the obvious detail of removing the turret, adding hard points, ordinance  (and some antennae?), can anyone shed light on what else would need to be changed to make a really nice SEA Invader?

Thanks

8-gun nose, tip tanks, and square tip props to name a few other things.

3 hours ago, chrish said:

me too!

I kind of go with what I like in terms of modelling. I'll fight my way through a resin or vacuum formed kit enjoying the "struggles?" of modelling then reward myself with an "easy?" Tamiya or Hasegawa kit that I'll almost always make harder by adding work of some kind to it. The biggest model I've built was my garage, it showed up with no instructions on a 5 ton truck in the form of sheets of plywood and a bunch of  2X6's.....while I was out looking at the pile of lumber my wife asked me what I was thinking? I replied this doesn't look like a garage to me.

If the kit looks like an Invader and comes with instructions I'll be a happy man!

:)

That reminds me of one of my favorite Three Stooges episodes, which was just hilarious.

I just don’t have the space for these bigger aircraft kits but I can’t wait for two things to happen.  

First off, I hope Hobby Boss sell thousands of these kits.  This should make them venture further and perhaps produce something more interesting for the rest of us.   Second option is seeing the bomber guys dive into these twins / four engine birds which are always great to see unfold here on LSP.  

The aftermarket guys always seem to come up with cleaver options for the items requiring a little bit of a tweaking it seems.  Anything that requires tweaking usually happens.  Is there really a perfect kit out there?   I see a lot of aftermarket items for the big “T” kits out there.  

Enjoy this one gents.  

Troy 

Ok, if memory serves,  the K (On-Mark conversion) had a higher rudder, different engine scoop on the cowlings, C54 props, KC135 main gear wheel hubs, spar stiffening band on the wing top, armor on the cockpit sides, dual controls, antennas, weapons pylons, 8 gun nose ... it would absolutely rock in1/32nd!

Edited by Nailcreek
Add content

3 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

If I were to do one I'd likely attempt to make one look as close as possible to a bright yellow Air Spray Water Bomber.  Used to see a lot of them around here back in the day.

Pity we don't have a whole wing of those here at the moment. Our country is aflame, burning from one end to the other. Came close to my old house in Corryong in the high country, and just over the hill from my brother 300km away as the bird flies. Estimates are 500 million native animals dead. Poor fellow my country. It sort of makes me not care too much for the shape of the HB Invader.