Nieuport XXI & Nieuport XXIII from Copper State Models

kkarlsen

Can't resist "Bob" and I hope for about five or six more amazing Imperial Russian alternatives... Horses, Mermaids, Ilya Murometz, that Lady with her Sword and then there is the Don Republic and Ukraine versions.... too many interesting color schemes. If the box art is any clue, they hit this one out of the park.

Tnarg

2 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I love the rockets and in real life they look as if something bad with fire and canvas could happen when they were launched. 
Rick

Kind of the point really - hopefully the fire is confined to the target balloon :D

The Nie 21 had a Nie 11 Fuselage and Nie 17 wings and except for about two dozen were trainers. The 21s sent to the front caries one .303 Vickers gun. The Nie 23 was basically a failure until further wing bracing wires were installed along with Nie17 wings. It was soon replaced with the better Nie24. ref: French Aircraft of the First World War- Dr James J. Davilla and Arther M. Soltan

11 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I know I’m kicking a dead horse, but in my 60 years studying WW1 aviation None of my references nor I have ever heard of Nieuport numbers being Roman Numerals nor any other French Aircraft except SPADS.

Could be an Eastern European thing, or French... :whistle:

9 hours ago, Fred Jack said:

I know I’m kicking a dead horse, but in my 60 years studying WW1 aviation None of my references nor I have ever heard of Nieuport numbers being Roman Numerals nor any other French Aircraft except SPADS.

All French aircraft were designated with Roman Numerals, the use of Latin numbers is due to the British (and later the Americans) using them in their documentation, which has been retained by English-language authors ever since. If you want to be strictly accurate, then using Roman Numerals is correct.