1:32 Douglas A-26 Invader from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss?

Iain

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Seriously?  "Pouring cold water"?  Please tell me you weren't being serious.

No....  a previous poster commented about mean people “pouring cold water” on others excitement over an upcoming kit.     My comment was purely tongue-in-cheek.    

24 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

If the cowlings are wrong, print some new ones. Isn't that the modern way nowadays? 

It's a pity nobody does a CL-215 in 1:32 Tim - cowls would form a good basis I reckon... :hmmm:

:)

Iain

15 hours ago, John1 said:

So if you are someone who truly is an SME and you see a flaw in the kit, when would you approve of these apparently mentally-flawed people sharing this information with the community? 

Or is ignorance truly bliss?

I wouldn't go as far as "mentally-flawed" John.:)

If you look back in this thread, the comments started prior to the mention of the nacelles with the usual comments about it being HobbyBoss/Trump.

You will also see sarcastic comments from others who have seen this situation many times before anticipating the "unbuildable and flawed" comments from a few.

There are a small group on here as there was 10 years ago that "anticipated" problems in advance of any Trump/Hoobyboss kit.

It was as tiresome then as it is now and a lot of people on here are pretty fed up with it.

It's like a cracked record that gets wheeled out by the same people over and over again.

If I see a flaw with an actual  kit I'll happily mention it or agree with others who may highlight it as that's a good thing.

Trouble with this one is that nobody has seen the kit yet.

The old mantra that keeps being repeated on here of "wait until the kit is in hand" still stands today.

But then, any chance to give anything Hobbyboss/Trumpeter an early kicking as soon as possible shouldn't be missed should it.

:D

7 hours ago, PhilB said:

I wouldn't go as far as "mentally-flawed" John.:)

If you look back in this thread, the comments started prior to the mention of the nacelles with the usual comments about it being HobbyBoss/Trump.

You will also see sarcastic comments from others who have seen this situation many times before anticipating the "unbuildable and flawed" comments from a few.

There are a small group on here as there was 10 years ago that "anticipated" problems in advance of any Trump/Hoobyboss kit.

It was as tiresome then as it is now and a lot of people on here are pretty fed up with it.

It's like a cracked record that gets wheeled out by the same people over and over again.

If I see a flaw with an actual  kit I'll happily mention it or agree with others who may highlight it as that's a good thing.

Trouble with this one is that nobody has seen the kit yet.

The old mantra that keeps being repeated on here of "wait until the kit is in hand" still stands today.

But then, any chance to give anything Hobbyboss/Trumpeter an early kicking as soon as possible shouldn't be missed should it.

:D

I get it Phil but in all honesty, I think insinuating that those who flag potential problems are just doing for some weird thrill or ego boost is a bit much. 

As far as forming conclusions based on pics of a kit that hasn't been released, the same thing happened with the HB B-24 and guess what?   The issues flagged by those folks turned out to be valid and worst of all, they weren't corrected in the final release.   So, getting back to the A-26 subject, a couple of people just noted that the prototype A-26 model which appeared in the pics above might have inaccurate cowlings.   From looking at various pictures of the real thing, it appears (again, to my uneducated eye) that those cowlings do have issues.   I don't think those posters are "pouring cold water" on my excitement over this kit (which I am truly excited over), I think those people are providing objective analysis.  

Lastly, if "a lot" of people are fed up with this behavior (and I'm not sure how you define "a lot"), simply get the mods involved and have those upsetting posts deleted.  

In the mean time, I'll be following those upsetting posts closely so I can make a final determination on whether I'll purchase this kit or not.  And in all honestly, if those cowlings are the only issue with this kit, I'm still in 100% as I'm fairly certain that they can be corrected, either by the builder or through aftermarket assistance. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll my put my tuppence in for what it's worth (oh, right, two pennies). I'm hardly a rivet-counter, but those cowlings do look a bit narrow. Will that prevent me from buying the kit (if I have the money when it comes out) - certainly not. And if I have the money, I'll spend it on some better cowlings, if I can't correct the cowlings myself, and if they really are 'too bad' to leave as is.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Small change.

On 9/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, thierry laurent said:

Pinpointing possible inaccuracies is interesting for a lot of people whereas kit bashing simply because this has been released by company X has zero interest. This is the thing to keep in mind... 

that's an excellent way of approaching things

The issue isn't the discussing of accuracy per se, it's the taking of pot shots at each other over it.

Calm and reasoned thoughts are to be encouraged IMHO - but, personally, I find the endless tirade of negativity/hyperbole/aggro both draining and off-putting.

I'm *still* looking forward to getting my hands on one!  :)

Iain