HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

On 9/29/2018 at 1:25 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Extremely brittle most times.

As I understand it, that's polystyrene in its natural form.

Adding colour dyes also allows plasticisers to be added, giving the more-or-less flexible varieties of PS we see in the majority of kits.

Odd that the HKM display model has both the early type fuselage windows and the starboard heater fairing aft of the wing. I had thought that a much later addition.

Edited by Chek
speeling

2 hours ago, Chek said:

Odd that the HKM display model has both the early type fuselage windows and the starboard heater fairing aft of the wing. I had thought that a much later addition.

You're right there Chek, the starboard heater was a later, perhaps even nearly post-war addition, so no place on a Mk I at least.  There's another starboard "tube" exiting the fuselage on the most recent shots that I can't explain.

fIsxxL.png

Edited by mozart

No, a bit of research reveals it's the fairlead of one of the positions used for the trailing aerial, on other Lancs it's further forward on the port side, this is George in the AWM.

WOizi6.jpg

I've just found a picture of a Mk I with it in this position.  Kudos to HK!

Edited by mozart

I remembered this great wee film and talking of bombloads a few posts back check out around the 15 minute mark, the 2 bombs in the middle are on a shared rack and check out how they get the last bomb in!!!! I also think it's quite funny how the armourer carefully removes pins from the cookie fuses and it's like he's expecting something as he goes along.

Graham

I'd definitely buy a few nose sections if they release just that.  Definitely don't have room for a full-size Lanc, but 2 or 3 nose sections with different nose art would look fantastic, and would give a chance to show off all of the interior detail

Matt 

10 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

The reason the two middle bombs are lower is that the Lancaster has three bombstations next to each other. On the middle station they used a twin bomb carrier that could use the existing single pick up point but could be fitted with two bombs.

Cees

True but then there is this pic:

Lanc-bomb-bay.jpg

the middle SBCs don't look to be that much lower than the outside ones.

Jari