HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

6 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Hannants showing pre-order at £359.99.

That's with 10% off.

So list is £399.99.

Gulp.

I wonder why the Lanc costs so much more than their B-17's? Both similar sizes and even more complexity on the Fortress if anything, does the HK B-17 have a detailed Bomb bay ... I assume the Lanc has?

The B-17 went for about £250 I think?

I do love the Lancaster but have decided to hold off and see if they produce a Dambuster version though.

Meanwhile, the Liberator at the current Hannants pre-order price seems to good to pass up.

The Lancaster kit will have at least 100 additional parts (over 800) compared to the B-17, so that will account for at least some of the increased cost. And this increased cost is not in the plastic, but amortising the investment in the tooling for these parts. Plus, as already intimated, where you live will have an affect on the price, too.

Kev

9 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

The Lancaster kit will have at least 100 additional parts (over 800) compared to the B-17, so will account for at least some of the increased cost. And this increased cost is not in the plastic, but amortising the investment in the tooling for these parts. Plus, as already intimated, where you live will have an affect on the price, too.

Kev

... and that doesn't account for inflation either - My original B-17G cost me $299 AUD ... the F, when it was released, cost me $349 AUD and now the same supplier is billing them out at $419 AUD.

I'm expecting the Lanc' to come it at $500+ AUD.

Rog :)