How to destroy an expensive kit with just a few cuts - or: Prowler&#33

Starfighter

Sorry for not checking in sooner!!! I forgot my password and before you know it time flies and you're 4-5 pages from where I left off...... and I'm glad I'm back, this is superb. That cockpit is brilliant, but hold on, that intake painting. Genius.

Hats off to you.

Your kind comments are highly appreciated, thank you very much! 

Peter, the pipings are a combination of ali tubes, soldering wire in different thicknesses and copper tubes indeed.

In the meantime, I have replaced the NACA ducts below the air intakes and started painting the engine Birdcage bays. 

IMG_9555.jpg

IMG_9556.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Birdcage bay can herewith be considered 'done'! I think there is enough stuff inside for what will remain visible - the 3 LOX tanks at the front end of the bay are there as well. Whatcha think? Sorry for the crappy pics, it's rather hard to take pictures of this area with a phone...

IMG_9759.jpg

IMG_9760.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

Just to get an idea what will remain visible:

IMG_9764.jpg

... not much, but I think it was worth the pain to add some details to the interior.

IMG_9765.jpg

Ben,

The equipment platform and fuselage interior look terrific. From my perspective, you have provided more-than-enough detail for this area, especially given its shadowy location on the model. But even the occasional "prying eye" will come away impressed by the adornments.

The paint work is really well done, including the very realistic chipping effect, which is not easy to achieve over white surfaces.

Can't wait to see more!

Rich

Edited by allthumbs

Cheers gentlemen, I highly appreciate your comments! :) 

I've made some progress during the weekend. The wings have been glued on, the lower rudder fairing has been modified (pic will follow) and the engine bay doors have been glued in. What a huge joy to close hatches which are intended to remain open...

IMG_9826.jpg