Jump to content

Starfighter

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    1,483
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    9

Everything posted by Starfighter

  1. A true work of art. I can't say it often enough, I am lost for words every time I open your thread, Peter. Just jaw-droppingly good.
  2. Wow, absolutely stunning to say the least. Excellent job so far!
  3. Absolutely stunning - I am just wondering how the cowling can be opened and closed with the sand filters fitted?
  4. Absolutely stunning - makes me want to build one myself, but I am not sure I'd be motivated enough to push it as far as you do... Keep the pics coming!
  5. Couldn't agree more. This will be spectacular once finished!
  6. Thanks Timmy, the engine nacelle helps a lot - I will compare it with the existing part I have and decide whether I have to re-design it or not. Thanks again for your precious help!
  7. I have to get back to the EAPS... I have made a quick CAD drawing, but I need a reference dimension - the overall length for example. I have scaled the drawing using the rear diameter of the EAPS - where it meets the engine nacelle - as a reference. The resulting part looks too short which could also mean that my engine nacelles are too small... Do you have any reference dimensions you could share, Timmy?
  8. Well observed! I have to admit I would not have expected this conversion to cause so much work... just don't stop right now, it'll look excellent!
  9. When you first exported from Rhino! I do not have experience with Rhino, but when you export parts from Inventor and have the STL resolution turned to 'low', my parts look like yours. Check if there are any options when you export your part to STL and if so, check if you can turn the export resolution to 'high'.
  10. Thanks Misha! My garden is a nice place indeed - I love the view. I have scribed the first groove lines on the gearbox housing and could not help myself but to cut the gearbox oil cooler compartment open. Not sure this is a good idea, but there is no way back now. Let's see...
  11. Looks good so far - looks like the resolution was rather low when you converted your 3D drawings into STL format.
  12. Let's hope it won't lead to "this will only be finished in ten years" road.. we'll see. I have 3D printed a scribing template for the forward avionic bay hatches which also serves as positioning template for the tie down eye recesses. Panel scribed and tie down eye recess in place. After this, it was time to enjoy a Jupiler from the tap and to get some inspiration from the very old Landing Zone Publications book and to think about whether or not to open the avionic bays. Seems that I am getting old - I bought this book back in 2003 when I was 18 years old...
  13. Nice paintjob on the cameras! I have used the cameras from the RF-4 kit indeed, but they had to be modified. I think I have posted a photo in Eric's thread.
  14. There will be Reedoak figures for sure! Indeed, ramp down, mine sweeping gear fitted, cabin doors and rear side windows open. Let's see where this leads...
  15. Very cool idea, I absolutely love this kind of project - the execution is perfect as usual! It seems other air forces use similar "devices" to celebrate milestones, last flights etc.
  16. Looks like I have found the photo I was looking for... folded rotor & open oil cooler compartment!
  17. As already mentioned, I will split the fuselage again to work on the interior! I would have preferred to keep the fuselage closed and to insert it from behind once finished, but I have to work on the inside walls of the fuselage and this would be virtually impossible with the fuselage closed. Thank you all for your kind comments - it's a huge beast indeed! During the weekend, I have managed to draw and print some footsteps on my Photon. The small ones are located on the fuselage, the big block with the wider ones is located on the RH side of the rotor housing. Big holes in big models require big tools! Footsteps installed and puttied. They will hopefully be perfectly flush with the surface after sanding.
  18. I will split the fuselage again once the overall surface quality is acceptable.
  19. Tim aka Wunwinglow was so kind to print the sponsons on his Form2 for me - thank you very much, Tim! I have spent the last evening preparing the first sponson - the nonskid on the walkways was applied using Tamiya putty, rivets lost during sanding were replaced with Archer ones. The walkways are very rough on MH-53Es, hence the use of Tamiya Putty instead of Mr Surfacer. The center fuselage windows were closed and puttied as well.
  20. I have no interest at all in the B-17, but I love this kind of research. The nose section of the HK model always looked very strange to me and I am glad to find out what actually makes it look strange. I will be following with big interest!
  21. I'd be interested in your set up as well. Your photos are excellent!
×
×
  • Create New...