How to destroy an expensive kit with just a few cuts - or: Prowler&#33

Starfighter

• 3 weeks later...

Back from holiday, time for a (rather) big update! 

With the cockpit paintjob almost finished... 

IMG_9465.jpg

...it was time to close the fuselage between front and rear offices in order to close any resulting gaps.

IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9475.jpg

IMG_9476.jpg

I can now start adding the missing details in front of the rear IP.

IMG_9477.jpg

To change my mind, I decided to get back to the rear fuselage. As a small crack had appeared where the air brakes had been glued in anyway, I decided to remove them completely to enable me to remove the air brake housing which I had incorrectly glued in place.

IMG_9480.jpg

Some plastic sheet to cover the gaps and some more to add some basic structure...

IMG_9485.jpg

And some wires, boxes and tubes to finish with. The 3 LOX tanks at the front of the bay have yet to be installed. Many things are still missing, but it should be enough as most of it will be hidden by the Birdcage anyway - I just didn't want to leave the fuselage empty.

IMG_9498.jpg

IMG_9500.jpg

IMG_9501.jpg

Wow, Ben, I'm blown away! Mighty impressive work on the Prowler. That cockpit is exceptional.

I'm not familiar with the Prowler, but I guess the cockpit and IPs are completely different from the A-6. So what we see here is all scratch built??

Cheers

Rainer

Thank you Rainer and Hubert! 

Rainer, the IPs are fully scratchbuilt indeed, the cockpit tubs are based on Trumpeter and Avionix parts - there are some pics on previous pages (here for example: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=57040&page=8 ) showing the modifications I have made.