Suggestion of 1:32 Sunderland and Halifax from HK Models

Tony T

Nothing but double or maybe triple hearsay at this point, but it would be nice to see a Sunderland in 1/32 scale.  I thought this one might be a bridge too far to hope for, but who knows...

Edited by esarmstrong

25 minutes ago, Shoggz said:

I’d love to see either, but particularly a Halibag. Such an underrated aircraft, forever in the shadow of the Lancaster..

I'm with ya on that! Halifaxes also did a fair amount of S.O.E. work! I'd be interested in doing one of those[ radial engine types] 

If you've never watched the Halifax documentary on Netflix (or is it Amazon Prime?), do so. It will make you fall in love with that aircraft even more. With that being said, I want one. Heck, I'd be happy with one in 1/48 that isn't made by Fonderie Miniatures.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Yes, the Halifax largely overlooked. FWIU, statistically crew survival rate was higher in the Halifax than the Lancaster due to the robust nature of its fuselage. A 48th or New Tool 72nd offering is needed. I'm sorry, but 32nd to large for me.

Mark Proulx

The Halifax could be really cool - I have a soft spot for the Wellington so I hope they will add that to their range of twin-engined bombers

/Niels

Edited by Zola25

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

I'd rather see a Do-17 or Ventura.

Happy to see Halifax or Sunderland if they come as well as these suggestions from most manufacturers. As Kev says..we buy kits not rumours but I am glad that has surfaced. Ye never know…

Kind regards,

Paul