The Aircraft we would HAVE to Scratch Build Right Now

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Yem that's very likely it.  It 'was' at Tillamook years ago. So was that Belanca Aircruiser,  another quite cool a/c.

Madras , wow, that's way out in BFE.  :rolleyes:  Nice detective work.

The Belanca Aircruiser is out there at Erickson's also, just thought you might like to know.

9 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Thanks Tom,

Though I tend not to be interested in jets very much, I am interested in all things DeHavilland so the Sea Vixen appeals. I’ve not attempted a vacform (yet) but your builds give me the insight that they are not as intimidating as they first appear. At the moment I am mulling over the idea of doing a Ju 52 as it appears to be the only way of getting one in 1/32 (at least for now). 

Kind regards,

Paul

Vacs are a breeze compared to a total scratch build. Unless you’re Peter of course! It’s always a huge bonus to have the basic shell of a model and then the building of the detail parts is relatively easy - especially when you take into the account the huge advances in 3D design and printing. 

11 hours ago, williamj said:

A Handley Page Halifax Mk IV.   Someone is scratching one up.

Tigger does a 1/32 Halifax…

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Avro Anson hands down

Beaufort. 

Do 17

Both the Do-17 and Beaufort are available in 1/32 scale from Tigger - I have them both! Combat do/did an Anson. 

14 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Quite a few of the aircraft mentioned are available from Tigger or the Combat range (although the latter is no longer producing) vacs. I have a F-111, Catalina and Sea Vixen in 1/32 and all are an excellent basis for a good model - at least the basic vac shapes a good starting point and negate the need for a total scratch build. 

I've been trying to get hold of the Combat He 177 for some time now, and have pretty much given up. I hear it's not all that great anyway, but can't imagine myself scratch-building one! Even the 3D print guys seem to be shying away from it.

Kev

22 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

I've been trying to get hold of the Combat He 177 for some time now, and have pretty much given up. I hear it's not all that great anyway, but can't imagine myself scratch-building one! Even the 3D print guys seem to be shying away from it.

Kev

I’m after one of those too - such a gorgeous aircraft and big in 1/32… same span as a B-17! Combat kits are rough to say the least, but at least it would give you something to work with. 

Sorry, late to this one! I am interested to see if anyone commenting on this thread, is actually going to have a go! The original poster started by saying, these subjects were ones we would have to scratchbuild if we wanted them, and he is almost 100% correct in that!

So, who is going to give it a go? I have a couple on the PC/Workbench, they definitely will NEVER ever be kitted, and I am definitely NOT going to be developing them as kits, after 45 years of that game I am looking forwards to finally doing some of my own projects, just for me!  

Tim

Oh, what are they? Westland Wizard, and Hawker P1121...... I'll try and post some pics this evening.  And yes, I know, I should really finish the Swordfish first.....

Edited by wunwinglow

2 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Kev

Get the Alcorn book, it will hold your hand thru the entire process, it’s not as scary as you might think.