Rules of the Road

Welcome to the LSP Silver Jubilee Group Build - also known as the LSP 25th Anniversary Group Build!

2024 is LSP's 25th year online - longer than Facebook and YouTube, and only one year less than Google! So let's celebrate with a year-long Group Build (well, almost).

This Group Build will run from 1 March 2024 until 25 December 2024. The two titles above reflect the two main eligible themes: anything related to "silver" and anything related to "25". For the sake of inclusion, we'll be playing fast and loose with the eligibility criteria as far as the themes go, so even the most tenuous tie-in will probably get a pass - best to ask first, though! I encourage you to be creative!

For example, "silver" isn't limited to the obvious case of natural metal or silver finishes. It could be a Silver Wings kit. It could be a kit moulded in silver plastic. The pilot's name could be Silver - etc.

You have even more latitude with the "25" criteria - aircraft designation (B-25, Su-25, etc), aircraft markings, manufacturer's block number, kit product number - the possibilities are endless. You only need to state what relationship your entry has to the theme (if it's not already obvious), just so that it's clear to everyone. I'd like to encourage as many members to enter as possible, so the flimsiest of pretexts will be considered!

Of course, the standard Group Build eligibility criteria still applies, in that your entry must qualify as an LSP kit under our definition thereof, and be less than 25% complete at the time of entry.

If you have any questions, pop them below. The answer will probably be yes, but best to ask anyway!

Oh, and have fun!

Happy 25 everyone.

Kev

There's a big convention next month in Antwerp/Belgium.

Plenty to look out for.

Most likely some  old Revell kits. Like the P-51 or P-47.

Maybe the 1/24 Airfix P-51 ?

Edited by Erwin

I have a dream! :piliot:

Looking for a trip to Russville, in memoriam @ruzlkampf  You know, scratchbuilding something weird and large - a Mig-25. But I have at first to call Moscow to get a Go! They have some AM parts I'd need :hmmm: AM for kits that aren't. Silly times, even for modelling ;)

Rugards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

B)I will step into the fray with the old Revell 1/32 Stuka B2 kit,rivets and all. I just started this 2 weeks ago so it has a looooong way to go,hope this qualifies. 

6 hours ago, Modelboy said:

B)I will step into the fray with the old Revell 1/32 Stuka B2 kit,rivets and all. I just started this 2 weeks ago so it has a looooong way to go,hope this qualifies. 

Hard to know, as you haven't stated the connection to the GB's themes. Are you going to paint it silver?

Kev

On 3/2/2024 at 3:46 AM, dutik said:

I have a dream! :piliot:

Looking for a trip to Russville, in memoriam @ruzlkampf  You know, scratchbuilding something weird and large - a Mig-25. But I have at first to call Moscow to get a Go! They have some AM parts I'd need :hmmm: AM for kits that aren't. Silly times, even for modelling ;)

Rugards

- dutik

Go for it!!

13 hours ago, Modelboy said:

I thought at 25 plus years old this kit would qualify but if not I will just carry on. 

On that basis, you're good to go! You just need to state that connection at the top of your build thread when you start it.

Kev

2 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I have 2 kits left to build before I pack my airbrush away for good…..

One of which is a Tamiya F-15C, a kit that’s over 25 years old. It will be painted in standard Mod Eagle scheme of FS 36176 & 36251.

Would that be considered a tenuous enough link? :lol:

I think this one *just* scrapes in!

Kev