America the beautiful

6 hours ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Shooting RC planes with mini guns.

just because we can.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3Lf-JMPBY1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

P

Battlefield Vegas brought a Sherman with working Canon to one of these events. Their M4A3 75w Sherman is an Iwo Vet, and I played a minor role in the restoration of the gun.  I'd love to go to one of the events, machine guns are SO MUCH FUN! Gun people are also the nicest people you will ever meet, contrary to media portrayal.

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks

1 hour ago, chrish said:

Never could get into guns, never will

I get it, I do. 

I've got a close friend who is a great guy and a Desert Storm vet, and funny enough a member here as well. He took me shooting to get used to the Benelli home defense shotgun I purchased for my wife and I when we are dispersed camping.

I had a good time and it got me comfortable with using it, and it seemed like most of the guys were decent guys. However, just my opinion but the culture here is way over the top as far as guns go.

I really wish I didn't feel the need to have the Benelli with us, but unfortunately we've had some scary encounters in the wild.

It honestly makes me want to live elsewhere sometimes.

Each to their own.

42 minutes ago, chrish said:

Never could get into guns, never will

not trying to convert anyone. Just sharing something I think is awesome.

I grew up with guns. The greatest gun I ever shot regularly was the M61A1 Vulcan 20mm cannon..but of course it was installed in my F-16.

I carry a handgun everywhere I am legally permitted. It’s simply part of my routine-

car keys

wallet

cell phone

gun

There are weapons positioned everywhere in my house. I am never more than a fully extended arm from a firearm in my home. I train regularly. I am tested on a CQB course of fire every six months . I trained my boys..two of them eclipsed my abilities as infantry officers in the Army. The third is also extremely capable. My wife is also highly trained. It’s simply part of our mindset. In a world of sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs, we choose to be sheepdogs.

not for everyone. 

53 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I get it, I do. 

I've got a close friend who is a great guy and a Desert Storm vet, and funny enough a member here as well. He took me shooting to get used to the Benelli home defense shotgun I purchased for my wife and I when we are dispersed camping.

I had a good time and it got me comfortable with using it, and it seemed like most of the guys were decent guys. However, just my opinion but the culture here is way over the top as far as guns go.

I really wish I didn't feel the need to have the Benelli with us, but unfortunately we've had some scary encounters in the wild.

It honestly makes me want to live elsewhere sometimes.

Each to their own.

Yeah, it sucks bad/shady people/criminals get guns. I don't consider them real gun people; real gun people obey the law, follow the rules, and most of the time, when they carry, you won't ever know it. Making sure people don't notice is part of most states' CCW laws, and CCW people are among the most law-abiding people in the country. Gun people hate criminals using guns as much or more than anyone.

The problem is, the Bad/shady/criminal people, by default, do not follow the rules; passing laws to stop them only results in them going to jail after the fact, a good thing, of course. The more law-abiding people with guns, the safer things are; it's a statistical fact. Those bad dudes are always going to have guns, no matter what we do. Most are already prohibited, and ignore it, and get them illegally.

And really, guns are a very minor American problem, blown way way out of proportion. If you are really worried about your safety, make sure you pay attention while you drive and make sure you have an excellent doctor because medical malpractice kills more than guns.

Edited by JeepsGunsTanks