S-3 Viking in 1/32 announced by Trumpeter in 2024-2025

Jan_G

Just now, Dandiego said:

Iain, I always thought that "out of left field" was a uniquely American expression, being so tied to baseball. Or is it a common expression in the UK as well?

Dan

Well, I've always used it - and I know absolutely nothing about baseball... :hmmm:

But, please, don't use me as an arbiter for anything - I can be distinctly odd in things I've picked up and come from a family that's lived all over the world!  :)

Iain

Hopefully it comes out. 

Trumpeter sometimes will publish things in their catalogues as a means of scaring off competition. 

Example being their 1/350 HMS Nelson and Rodney which were annnounced 4-5 years ago and still haven't shown up 

53 minutes ago, Dandiego said:

Iain, I always thought that "out of left field" was a uniquely American expression, being so tied to baseball. Or is it a common expression in the UK as well?

Dan

It's a pretty universal phrase these days. There'd be plenty of people around the globe who use it without even realising the baseball reference.

Kev

1 hour ago, Dandiego said:

Looking forward to this release. Actual wingspan is 69 feet. That's 25 inches in 1:32. Hope it comes with a wing fold option.

Dan 

I agree. Essential for a Navy plane too.

I'm hoping the Hoover comes with MAD boom, weapons bay, torpedoes and full ASW crew stations so I may build one in Light Gull Gray over White, but suspect that it's a later type used mostly for tanking and some land target attack. 

Tony 

5 hours ago, blackbetty said:

i want one

Me too!

LSP Viking!!!!

I've always loved them for whatever reason.

I'm hoping, like others, that this will be done by the same team that did the A-6 Tram (I don't have one but heard good things).

I will probably have to see some reviews first, preferably from an LSPer, but I have a real love for the airframe, so there is a strong possibility I'll be picking one up.