Trumpeter F-14d

chrish

12 hours ago, F`s are my favs said:

Yeah... undoubtedly one of the best-weathered Tomcat models! 

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Grunticus said:

I can only concur, the best I have seen on a Tomcat model so far!

Thank you as well!

Yet another update on the build. I bought a lot of aftermarket updates thinking the more I had to add and the doing the best job I could would take me through the winter. Nope...I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the model is almost finished (I think)

The last of the kit parts to add, probes and antennas. The one probe (I think) draws air in if it's like anything I've seen on real aircraft. So I drilled it and cut the opening into it

XK6F8tx.jpg

The kit part for the canopy interior is being used with parts designed for the resin insert which, due to warpage or shrinkage or something doesn't fit the canopy

UXCq7Lr.jpg?1

kqgNXMp.jpg

dry fitted to the model, I still need to do some work on the bottom so I don't want it glued just yet. The seats are finally glued in.

sbJZBwi.jpg

and a bit of the tint visible on the windshield

VjFmGMH.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks mates

so while watching Top Gun Maverick I've added the sensors/probes, got the black stripe on the launch bar and, taped the exhaust to the model so I can set it aside until the Reskit components show up, I also ordered a metal "Master"  pitot to replace the slightly bent kit part. 

The model as it sits right now awaiting the last couple of pieces;

Something I'd have missed without the book, the black on the launch bar;

7Nv7u7v.jpg

sensors finally painted and in place

GK1baj2.jpg

tailpipes just taped on right now awaiting new parts

lGwgGCM.jpg

well...thats it till the remaining parts on order show up, once I've got the exhaust components pitot and fuel tanks glued on it'll be done.

This was supposed to take me a lot longer, what do I do now?!

Thanks for looking

I'm back....just to show a pic of a fix that was suggested by a fellow LSP'r in private so as not to embarrass me too much (Thank you, you know who you are) I was able to address one of the issues indicated, the others would require substantial sanding repainting or different decals

In my defense (excuse) I had noticed the ECM panels earlier in the build but then noticed other aircraft without or they were painted in such a way as to be impossible for me to distinguish from the rest of the panel then, I completely forgot to add them after the excitement of adding paint and weathering...without further word salad. 

SlY1PzY.jpg

They look significantly more yellow in these images than they are in reality

EtYnfot.jpg

FsWwoQ5.jpg

That's all for now

Thanks for the help

Thanks for looking