Trumpeter F-14d

chrish

Sweet, i have this in the stash too that calling my name. I love the f-14. Thats a good bunch of AM.

If you want to get rid of those duplicate gear legs lmk.

What are those grey intakes below the zacto ones?

Edited by Neo

45 minutes ago, Neo said:

Sweet, i have this in the stash too that calling my name. I love the f-14. Thats a good bunch of AM.

If you want to get rid of those duplicate gear legs lmk.

What are those grey intakes below the zacto ones?

Thanks

thats the kit parts out for comparison…of which there ain’t none. Comparing them to the Zacto component is like comparing chalk and cheese

(Zacto being the cheese here)

I’ve begun cutting all the resin upgrade components from their respective mold bases and once I’ve got everything cleaned up I can begin test fits.. 

I spent (longer than I wanna admit) some time cutting the resin upgrades away from their cast blocks/ frames. The Reskit stuff is (to me) breathtakingly beautiful stuff not that I want to diminish the quality of the Aerocraft upgrades which is much better than the kit parts but....well, have a look, here's the Aerocraft parts;

m1l8kLw.jpg

and the Reskit parts

Hj6o6B2.jpg?1

the Reskit gear suggests/ requires the use of the kit metal inserts

And I've also cut the Phoenix missiles and Sparrows from their frames

Q2BBsoP.jpg

izZZZVO.jpg

I should also add the Reskit component includes the tire/wheel parts. I bought them seperately when planning on using the Aerocraft gear... I've almost got enough duplicate resin parts for another Tomcat.

Thanks for looking

5 hours ago, alain11 said:

I am impresed by the details on the Res Kit gears !! never saw such stuff before :thumbsup:

I know right?! If Reskit keeps making stuff like this I'll buy it on general principal!

I've got the fuselage thinned where needed, the gear bay, and the cockpit floor sanded to around .005" thick where they meet. They all seem to fit now so I should be able to begin paint/ construction of the office

iOLvY9n.jpg

Jvm75eu.jpg

I don't think I've ever had a Aires set go in so nicely before

9Weav2O.jpg

UvGVYhe.jpg

Ok. so it's not all glued together yet but it's promising

Thanks for looking