Next Jetmads

iaf-man

24 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I would love an IAF king air used for electronic warfare but it looks finding any picture of the cabin is a lost cause...

we can ask Isradecal-he has extensive amount of info+ access

56 minutes ago, morane said:

Hum, are you sure ?  They had from the beginning announced a Dassault "Ouragan" were is it ?

Richard

What I meant was - they have not cancelled any of their announced projects so far. The Ouragan is still listed as one of their projects. I have no insight into what is done when or in what order. I agree it would be nice it they gave some more insight into their design and production plans and timelines. On the other hand they are far more open than most other companies in this hobby - what do I know - I just want them to finish the Draken next ;)

/Niels

55 minutes ago, morane said:

Hum, are you sure ?  They had from the beginning announced a Dassault "Ouragan" were is it ?

Richard

I doubt they have ever announced and started the Ouragan project officially. "Future Release" sticker is tagged on it and also on some other projects too that they have listed since they one on their website. That is self-explanatory, as I take it.

King Air 200 is a very very good choice of a new project, this has long been ignored by any manufacturer! I hope it comes with some variants like the Guardrail etc and 350 series will follow.

I just checked their entire timeline down to their first-ever announcement on Facebook in 2019. No Ouragan announcement.

I noticed meanwhile that the Neptune announcement was made in February 2021. This has just officially started a couple of months ago so not a surprise an announced project kicks-off after 2+ years. I don't think they should be distracted by anything and nothing weird here that many projects are being developed at the same time with an overlapping schedule. 

I would agree that a clearer release schedule would be fine but then again we are on the consumer side and have very limited information as to what they plan business-wise. Having said that I am quite fond of their subject selection strategy, regardless of what comes when. 

8 hours ago, iaf-man said:

we can ask Isradecal-he has extensive amount of info+ access

Actually I already did it for another less exotic project (a Yanshuf) but it looks at the same time Raanan is reluctant to make new books about non-very mainstream topics (including the Blackhawk!) but wants to keep his sources just in case he would change his mind! It is a pity as this means no info release about various interesting planes and helicopters used by the IAF...

Jetmads replied to my email about the Ouragan and the Draken:

Hello,

Please be informed that any project tagged as Future Release displayed on our website is within our release plans and 1:32 M.D.450 Ouragan is certainly one of them. However, the Ouragan project has not yet been announced officially as the release schedule is yet to be decided, but we are pleased to inform you that its design is in progress.

We should hereby note that the line-up of future projects on our website does not imply a release sequence, whereas which project comes first totally depends on its level of completion and production team’s workload and schedule.

Therefore, any project can come up earlier than the many others that our designers are working on and this may include some other projects that even are not listed in our current catalogue nor we ever announced before but have been working on since our start-up.

As for your query regarding the 1:32 J35 Draken, we have been receiving too many requests to bring it at once and this will be the top topic to be discussed in the next management meeting.

Best,

JETMADS Team

Gonna be that guy....

If only it were 1/48:D

I'd take a case of them! Maintained  far too many to count, and the old Redstar RC-12 in the stash looks like it's going to be a right PITA to get up to 350 trim :lol:

Good news for large scale civvie fans though, it ought to be a stellar kit!

5 hours ago, RadBaron said:

Gonna be that guy....

If only it were 1/48:D

I'd take a case of them! Maintained  far too many to count, and the old Redstar RC-12 in the stash looks like it's going to be a right PITA to get up to 350 trim :lol:

Good news for large scale civvie fans though, it ought to be a stellar kit!

Two sidenotes: The advertised version is the C-12, meaning it should come with military decal options. Second, 1/48 version has been suggested by many people in facebook comments and Jetmads says it's possible.

On 10/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, John1 said:

Guardrail please, 2nd pick would be an MC-12 Liberty.

Guradrail I hope too but the MC-12 should be a 350 series aircraft if I'm not mistaken. 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:42 AM, Violator1991 said:

King Air 200 is a very very good choice of a new project, this has long been ignored by any manufacturer! I hope it comes with some variants like the Guardrail etc and 350 series will follow.

I'm in for one, I'll build it in RFDS livery

milkyway_photo.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIA57