HKM A-20J/K in progress

Jan_G

On 10/6/2023 at 5:33 PM, Bill M. said:

Interesting— I note from the boxart that it also has the underwing bomb rack— with bombs apparently.

I had bomb racks for my G. Still don't have a clear pic of what they look like , looks like there were different types. I have to wonder if some were "field " modifications.

I'm Assuming HK will follow a similar release sequence to the 1-32 B-25 kits with the practice of being able to sub in and out some of the smaller sprues resulting in different variants/configurations what do we think we will see on the Boston/Havoc front?

Looking at the break down of the sprues I'm assuming the gun nose won't be included in this J/K boxing but it will have the cowls with tear drop exhaust blisters so I guess from a marketing angle it leaves the door wide open to include a gun nose G model kit with the later cowls, throw in some of the more colourful decals and make a "Pacific Theatre" boxing?

Would love to see an early B/C Boston as the RAAF are my main focus but that seems like it would require a fair bit more work on HK's behalf so what other boxings are Likely? Soviet?

I know it's speculative but keen to see what may be on the horizon based on peoples best informed guesses.

Cheers

Cairnsy

On 10/6/2023 at 8:28 PM, Ali62 said:

Well that sorts out the earlier style cowlings, saves me the job. Looking good for a series, so hopefully an RAF version makes its way along at some point.

i'm confused - i thought this upcoming release is a later variant?

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

i'm confused - i thought this upcoming release is a later variant?

Oh well that is two of us, I got it the wrong way round, will try better the next time. Thanks for pointing it out though 

This is a "later" variant, in the sense that the scalloped cowling started showing up later in the G series, and later in the J/K series. However, as far as "later" is concerned, the J/K took the place of the bomber-nosed B/C variants, operating as a pathfinder in 6-7 plane groups, the rest of which were G-model strafers. So, they ultimately operated in unison, rather than "early" and "late."

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA