IPMS USA NATS - Who's going?

denders

There are a lot of other very nice models in smaller scales.

The Fokker DVIII is actually 1/16 scale, scratch built.

The Piper J-3 is 1/24 scale from a resin kit that is a solid. He ground out the interior and soldered brass tubing to make the frame. It looks fantastic. 

The Brightly colored air racer is a Fisher kit.

The Gigant is huge! He does mention the kit for the vehicle, but I'm not an armor guy, so I don't remember what it is. If it's still there when I go over this evening to claim my Corsair, I'll take a photo of the description.

Well now, for me, the best news to come out of the 2023 IPMS National Convention is that in 2025, it will be held in Virginia Beach, VA!  I know that’s not great news for some of us but I’m all in!  I can drive there in about 4-5 hours.  I think the dates are August 6-9, 2025… Somehow I think the theme (or one of them) will be related to the events that took place between those dates in 1945.  We’ll have to wait and see.

Time to set up a 2025 Nationals savings stash so I’ll be able to run amuck in the vendor room.

UPDATE:  I’ve been informed that the convention is in Hampton, VA rather than Virginia Beach.  That’s even closer so that’s a plus.

Edited by Juggernut

5 hours ago, Juggernut said:

Well now, for me, the best news to come out of the 2023 IPMS National Convention is that in 2025, it will be held in Virginia Beach, VA!  I know that’s not great news for some of us but I’m all in!  I can drive there in about 4-5 hours.  I think the dates are August 6-9, 2025… Somehow I think the theme (or one of them) will be related to the events that took place between those dates in 1945.  We’ll have to wait and see.

Time to set up a 2025 Nationals savings stash so I’ll be able to run amuck in the vendor room.

West Coast builders just can't catch a break

Matt