IPMS USA NATS - Who's going?

denders

22 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

West Coast builders just can't catch a break

Matt 

Never will either, especially the northwest. The best we can ever hope for is Vegas again. Maybe, MAYBE somewhere in Californica someday, but highly doubtful. 

1 hour ago, denders said:

I find this hilarious, I guess, I've seen posts on FB asking when the hotels are going to start taking reservations for Madison, WI (2024) Aaaannnnnnddddd, Hampton, VA (2025). :shrug::mental::doh:

I'm already doing some preliminary planning for Madison, since I couldn't go this year. I have to plan a year ahead or I won't be able to afford it again! Especially since I'm probably road tripping there, 27 hours one way.

I can certainly relate to that... I'm starting to get the financial wheels turning for a 2025 Nats attendance.  Can't go in 2024; too far for my old-ass to drive (After Las Vegas, I told myself that if I can't drive to a Nationals, I'm not going. Primarily because the cost of shipping "acquisitions" back home is prohibitive).  Hampton, VA, on the other hand, is well within my driving abilities.  With the upcoming Border Dambuster and the 2025 Nationals, I have to open a new savings account and siphon money now or like you, I won't be going.  Still haven't totally committed myself to a Border Dambuster (it's really HUGE [and expensive]) but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss a National convention that's in my "range". :lol:

PS:  I would definitely do Las Vegas again even if it means I can't purchase any models while there (or enter any).  Hey, it's VEGAS Baby!

Edited by Juggernut

I can see making personal preparations for going and looking at other options, but expecting to make hotel reservations almost two years ahead? Hampton, VA was just announced less than a week ago.

My wife has already checked the Milwaukee Brewers schedule to see a baseball game while we're in WI next year.

And in retrospect, I see we made our hotel reservations for this year (2023), last September (2022), soooooo. :doh:

Yeah, I'll wait until they (IPMS TIdewater or the National Committee) open the "official" announcement for the 2025 venue, then I'll book hoping to get the "IPMS Convention Rate" which will most likely be less expensive than not.

Edited by Juggernut

47 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

Yeah, I'll wait until they (IPMS TIdewater or the National Committee) open the "official" announcement for the 2025 venue, then I'll book hoping to get the "IPMS Convention Rate" which will most likely be less expensive than not.

I don't know why I had in mind that the NATS registration was open before the hotel reservations. I'm sure we booked the IPMS rate. So, I guess that the hotels were opened before the event registration. :mental: A mind is a terrible thing to lose. :mental: