Border Models 1/32 Lancaster, the long build.......cockpit

Robthepom

Hello Fellows

Well here goes......its been sat in the dark cupboard for way to long, I'm not getting any younger, so I've decided to build this kit while i can.

It will take a while as i plan to do it in stages so i dont get bored as i did with the WnW Felixstowe 

Engines first with bearers 

My plan is to expose 2 engines and with the other 2 covered dummy engines.

I'll make 2 Rolls and 2 Packard basically because i have no idea what Lanc I want to build yet

zX6xeqQ.jpg

LET ME OUT!!!

bWpEchP.jpg

cpGdjra.jpg

Fantastic plastic

Xcvmeey.jpg

Test fit of engine parts

65SMDmP.jpg

U4pnvzz.jpg

9hGO4Mb.jpg

If you have any tips or advice, please jump in and let me know 

I've been watching YouTube builds, because the instructions are giving me brain strain

Edited by Robthepom

Hi Rob. Good to see another one of these epic models being built.

I would absolutely love to build one of these but there are a number of reasons why I cant/wont. 

Therefore I shall enjoy the experience vicariously through your project. 

Already eager to see more.

Cheers,

Guy

Good to see another of these on the go Rob. 
As far as tips go…….dry fit as many times as your sanity will allow before you commit to cement. 
Definitely look at what you’d like to achieve in terms of breaking the kit down into sub-assemblies, historical accuracies with the version you choose, and markings. 
Ignore the instruction manuals build sequence, it doesn’t make a whole heap of sense. 
Overall tip…..would be to enjoy it for the marvel of a kit that it is. 

I just want to add, that while building this kit I have terrible regrets that its not a WnW package. Shame on you Peter, you could have had the legacy of producing the best model kit ever....ah well at least we have this 3/4 finished version to build

7 hours ago, Robthepom said:

I just want to add, that while building this kit I have terrible regrets that its not a WnW package. Shame on you Peter, you could have had the legacy of producing the best model kit ever....ah well at least we have this 3/4 finished version to build

And it’s better in every respect than the HKM Lanc in my opinion. 

• Robthepom changed the title to Border Models 1/32 Lancaster, the long build.......engines

I did some extra hoses/wiring from the bulk head to the engine, its all totally fictitious  I did start to do some research on the wiring but gave up as to complicated. Nothing will be seen anyway. 

I'm still unsure about which version i want to build but leaning towards "still going strong" WSJ

6gJJBqU.jpg

HIqraZ3.jpg

U0u4mH0.jpg

HKySQiX.jpg

92IH53L.jpg

Edited by Robthepom

• Robthepom changed the title to Border Models 1/32 Lancaster, the long build.......wheel bays

more work on this magnificent kit, wheel bays 

There are missing rivits on the cover so I'm using the last of my stash of Archer decals for these

I'm going for interior green for the flaps, right or wrong who knows

The fits of the assemblies i have built so far is incredible

U1uXVId.jpg

7To1Ecm.jpg

9aR3gXz.jpg

7gf7nGJ.jpg

Oxipnlj.jpg

4k7ASTk.jpg

Those engines are incredible! Lovely detailing work. 

Flap interiors were certainly black on later Lancs but I do seem to recall seeing pictures of early birds having green. I imagine with various factories building then there was likely some variation anyway. 

moving along nicely, the only tricky area is the fit of the inner and outer wings which needed a lot of filing

ZlUyH53.jpg

kgAVsNH.jpg

qwx5AZX.jpg

WU2NamH.jpg

How cool is this flare gun

JCg9XSP.jpg

BnBBvoE.jpg

3b9O2OT.jpg

gimIEbs.jpg

Making do with the space i have avaliable. Really i should be making 1/144th scale not 1/32:D

4oVxMod.jpg

Great kit, although i might not be saying that when i tackle the outer engine nacelles 

Thanks for all your comments

rob

Edited by Robthepom